Thread: last night at league

Default last night at league

First game I shot 237, second game I struggled and couldn't string any strikes together and shot 198. The third game I had the front 7 before leaving the 4,6,10 split, that I picked up, finished that game with a 243 for a 678 series.

Chats: 243

solid series. last week in league I had the front 6 before throwing a 4-7 6-10 split and threw a 7-10 next frame. luckily i was able to strike out after that
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Chats: 19

Sounds like a good night to me! But Im sure you are tormented by what could have been...
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    Sounds like a good night to me! But Im sure you are tormented by what could have been...
    Eh, yea I was tormented a little bit, but it was my own fault, I didn't get the ball out far enough. Im just glad that it seems like im finally out of the slump that I was in. Im going tonight to get some practice in.

Very nice! Don't worry it is not nearly as disappointing as a teammate of mine who shot 799 by missing both pins on a 6, 10 spare in the 10th frame of the last game. Imagine going into the last frame being able to shoot over 830, and then opening to miss 800 altogether.
    Levi "Lucky" Lauck - USBC Silver Coach - U.B.A. Member

UBowling.com is a new bowling website created as a resource of bowling news, reviews and information to help grow and improve the bowling community.

Quote Originally Posted by UBowling View Post
    Very nice! Don't worry it is not nearly as disappointing as a teammate of mine who shot 799 by missing both pins on a 6, 10 spare in the 10th frame of the last game. Imagine going into the last frame being able to shoot over 830, and then opening to miss 800 altogether.
    ouch that has to hurt.

Chats: 0

Nice set Tommy. Sounds like the lanes may have been transitioning during that second game and you didn't pick up on it until the third. Very difficult to see that happening sometimes and it can come back and bite you at the end of the nite. But you still shot well, take that to the bank and come back stronger next week.
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

Good series, I shot a 679 my last night of my winter league, had a meltdown 10th frame to finish it all out. So close...but oh well!

That elusive 700 is right around the corner. It'll come, be patient, when you least expect it.
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."