Thread: Practice today..

Chats: 36

Default Practice today..

I need to take some time to throw a few today. I have noticed lately that there is more spin/twirl on my ball and I believe that this connected to my recent plethora of 10 pin leaves. It makes sense that if the ball is not getting into the roll phase (skid, hook, roll) then I will be leaving more 10s. Today I will concentrate on balance and staying behind the ball and coming more "up the back" and see what happens...

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Chats: 0

I have the same problem and I'm going to roll a few today too. Worst case, I'll get some 10-pin shooting in!

Chats: 1

I try a bunch of things in practice. I realized that 10-pin leaves are due to the 3-pin not driving the 6-10. that means either the ball is hitting the 1/3 pocket too high (light), or the ball path through the pins is too high. In that case, I want to ball to go deeper into the pocket. By stepping forward a tad, the overall hook shape fits deeper into the pins. Also, by moving feet 2 to 3 boards left and roll through a mark 1 board right can produce a similar effect. Or you can flatten the wrist a tad to get longer slide before the hook takes effect.

With a 7 pin leave it is the opposite. 2-pin is not driving though the 4 bucket. If the ball seems to slide a tad past the ideal position, "slow your roll" by slowing down the approach speed and release speed. You can also add some of the early roll and promote less slide by cupping the wrist on release a bit.

Play around with these variations in practice and watch for the down-lane effect next practice session.
    Last edited by GeoLes; 03-08-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    I live by three simples rules:

1. Don't ever ask about my business
    2. Never discuss business at the table
    3. Don't ever side with anyone against the family

Chats: 36

Practice for 4 games today. My goal was to practice my balance and also staying behind the ball. I have been so frustrated with a number solid 10 pins I have left In the last few weeks. So staying behind the ball I threw a 225, 231, 224 And 247. The heads were pretty burned up and yet I did not leave even one 10 pin in four games. Not even 1! I was shredding racks and the ball was hitting with authority. First time I have had fun in a while.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Fun....that one aspect can make all the difference in the world.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

nice its always a good night when your bowling well and as a right hander, not leaving any ten pins.