Thread: AMF 700,000 Tournament District Final Location Debate

Default AMF 700,000 Tournament District Final Location Debate

hello everyone. I'm sure everyone know about the 700,000 amf tournament. If you don't then go here to find out http://tournament.amf.com/

anyways I have a concern in regard to the district final location. Each year it has been at the same location. I'm in California if any of that matters.

I'm in Fresno and the district final each year is in Riverside, CA. So any bowling center south of Fresno goes to Riverside, CA. I don't have a problem with it for one year but shouldn't the location of the District Final change each year so that it gives the other center an opportunity to host it.

The distance and travel cost involve is also another issue. I mean for anyone from Fresno or Visialia, it is almost a 4.5 hour drive!! 310 miles. I just feel that its unfair to make everyone drive to the same location each year. Whether it be from Fresno, from San Diego, from LA, etc...It should be changed each year to make it fair.

I notice that bowler from that same center usually bowl better than other due to the fact that its their home court. I think it gives those bowler an advantage over other. This can be seen from the result each year. Last year I believe 6 riverside bowler out of 12 made it into the money. 2 out of the 4 spot to go to vegas was taken from someone at the same center.

I'm sure if the location of the district final is moved around, it would be different and provide a fair advantage to everyone.

I'm wondering if and how we can put our voice in and let the center vote to make a change. Is it possible for the center to pick. I mean in Fresno we are in the middle so we should have a choice whether to bowl down South or join the one District Final up north.

I don't know, if it doesn't change next year, I guess I won't participate anymore. What are your thoughts?

Chats: 723

Canadian here, so don't know much about the topic, but posting on AMF's Facebook page might get you a response.....
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Banned
    Chats: 68

What that indicates is a lot of house bowlers can't adjust to conditions at another house.

While I am in Riverside, I don't often bowl at the AMF center.
    Last time I was there, the conditions were easy.

Based on what I have read about the 700,000 AMF tourney, the location is the least of it's problems.

Chats: 0

I am not sure why they are not moving the District Finals around in California? When AMF began this tourney several years ago when district finals came around they have moved the location 2 times in our district. I would agree with Mr. Lockwood and contact them either the Facebook page or through there corporate website. I have been to the district finals all three years and has been some change in location every year. In addition due to the district finals being held at AMF only houses it could be that there are no other locations that would be closer to center of both north and south California? Hope this helps.

Mike White: I do agree with you that there are some things that went wrong over the weekend at the District Final.

It is unfair to postpone the check in time and delay the tournament because they "wanted to give the other bowler that didn't show up on time" an opportunity to arrive. The tournament for B and C division should have started at 2:00 however got pushed back until 2:45 which is total BS. I was there in the morning and the check-in time was exactly at 10:00 and immediately after they started to practice bowl and begin. That is unfair.

At any rate, you are correct, a lot of people didn't adjust to lane condition. I have talked to numerously people and got the same result as I did, the lanes were super dry. It didn't seem they put any oil on the lanes. Its a lesson I learned to adjust to the lane condition whether its oily or dry. This is my 2nd year doing this and don't bowl in tournament so I just chalk it up to inexperience.

Just wish they consider moving the district final location around I'll see about contacting them on facebook.

mike white...what did you hear about the 700,000 or where are you reading it from...just curious