The MOTIV Venom Toxin’s Gear core, combining a low RG with low differential gives you an even roll, combined with a hybrid cover which gives you just the right amount of traction, makes this ball a benchmark piece for me. I drilled mine 60* x 5” x 40*, which is one of my favorite layouts. The most noticeable thing about the Toxin is how low and compact the pins fall as it clears the deck.

This ball fits right in the middle of my arsenal, so it’s perfect ball to start off with at a beginning of a session. It gives me a predictable read that allows me to get a feel for what the lane is giving me that day. Here is a link to my ball reaction video. On it I compare the Venom Toxin to 4 other MOTIV balls, the Pearl Ascent, Primal Scream, Thrash Frenzy & the Venom Strike.

I feel the Toxin really shines on fresh medium oil patterns. It allows me to groove it right up the track area. Plus, I’m able to stick with it for a surprisingly long time as the lane breaks down. Only when I get inside of 4th arrow is where I start to see carry issues – then I simply make the move to my Thrash Frenzy to pick up where I left off.

I am a big fan of the Gear core… controllability is the name of the game here. And putting that engine with the Hybrid Radial Reactive tire, is a match made in heaven!

--Kevin Gallagher—
PBA Member
MOTIV Staff