Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long did it take you to get your first 300?

I think everyone would be different, I have been bowling since I was 5. didnt get my first 300 until I was in my mid 20's.
    For some, once you get the first one, the next one is a little easier. I now have over 30 300 games and have gone back to back 300 games 4 times.....It is and will always be a thrill to throw a 300. I still get nervous on the last couple shots. It would not be any fun if you dont get any excitment out of it.
    On the other hand, my brother has been bowling for just as long and has never had a sactioned 300 game. He is very good, but can never get the pins to fall. Just keep practicing and getting better and they will come. Once you get one, you want to get more.
    Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I've been bowling 7 years. No sanctioned 300s yet. Eight that were non-sanctioned leagues or tournaments and two the day my mother passed away (only time I went back to back). None of our summer leagues are sanctioned and they start a half hour later. That actually gives me a few minutes after work and before league to breathe and not feel rushed. That and the heat seem to really help my game.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Ringer
    Chats: 0

I must be getting old because I can't remember my first 300. Good Lord I must have Alzheimer's! Really this is bothering me; why can't I remember the first one? I know it was in practice. I only have one sanctioned 300, but about a baker's dozen in practice. I had one in a non-sanctioned tournament. I had 23 in a row in that stretch.

Anyway, I've bowled since I was a kid and started taking it seriously in my early 20's. It probably took about 5 years and a lot of practice to finally get a 300 in practice. It took about 7 more years to finally get one in league and now 15 yrs later I still haven't got another one in league. I don't know what my problem is. LOL
    Ball speed: 17 - 18.5 mph Rev rate: 400ish
    PAP 6 1/8" over 1/4" up
    13° axis tilt / 30°-60° axis rotation
    Thumbless bowler
    High game: 300 High series: 804 High average: 217

Wow all over the board. Congrats to those who have that elusive perfect game. For those of us who haven't, let's keep soldiering on! haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12