Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammer First Blood Ball Reaction Video - By bowlingball.com

I will post a picture of the layout later when I get home so you can see - your pin is a little hard to see - blends in with the rest of the red. Mine is definitely pin up though.

Chats: 256

Have you tried playing more in? More towards 3rd arrow-15 board to start and then adjust as the night goes on? I used to play 10 board with my prior equipment, but with this ball I moved to stay in oil longer and it helps a ton. LIke I have said before, totally revamped the way I play and look at the lanes.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Have you tried playing more in? More towards 3rd arrow-15 board to start and then adjust as the night goes on? I used to play 10 board with my prior equipment, but with this ball I moved to stay in oil longer and it helps a ton. LIke I have said before, totally revamped the way I play and look at the lanes.
    So you are saying you stand left and throw it over the 3rd arrow balls goes out to ??? (in between 2nd and 1st arrow I assume) and then back into the pocket?

I played around with 3rd arrow when I first got it but not typically my kind of shot. If the ball, oil, my mechanics are all cooperating I am shooting 1 board left of the second arrow, straight down the lane and in the pocket.

Chats: 256

Here is a video I put together awhile back.

http://youtu.be/5dKh-CDN0bM

Shows some lines I was throwing during some practice sessions last summer. Some lines the break point was between 5 and 8, others I kept it inside with a break of 11-12 or so. I usually don't need a breakpoint outside of 10, this ball loves the oil.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Looking at your picture I see the pin now directly above the ring finger - mine is slightly different layout - just to the left and above the ring finger:

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Here is a video I put together awhile back.

http://youtu.be/5dKh-CDN0bM

Shows some lines I was throwing during some practice sessions last summer. Some lines the break point was between 5 and 8, others I kept it inside with a break of 11-12 or so. I usually don't need a breakpoint outside of 10, this ball loves the oil.
    Interesting. I will have to try moving right a little more and use the 3rd arrow from the other side to see if I can throw it that way. It would definitely be a game changer. Looks like for the most part you are throwing over the 3rd arrow and coming out to the 2nd arrow back in. I will let you know how it goes. Could be what I am missing trying to throw this ball. Thanks for the tip.

Tried 3rd arrow in a rare practice yesterday and despite inconsistency in my shooting through 2 games I like the option of moving far right and shooting the 3rd arrow. Going to incorporate it into my game starting tonight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12