Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammer First Blood Ball Reaction Video - By bowlingball.com

Default Hammer First Blood Ball Reaction Video - By bowlingball.com

Sink your teeth into the competition by striking first with the Hammer First Blood!
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

This ball is really wicked. A ton of backend. I played around with it Saturday and Sunday throwing it farther and farther out and no matter what I did it would snap right back. I haven't thrown a big game with it yet but only bowled 4 and a partial game with it so I haven't broke it in quite yet. But I can definitely see the potential.

Great choice! Love this ball! It seems to do whatever you ask it to do. Hubby loves it too.
    Last edited by Bunny; 01-15-2014 at 12:34 PM.
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums
    14's Deadly Aim, First Blood, HyRoad Pearl, Tropical Breeze, Rising Star, Maxim Spare

Yes I can't wait until it breaks in a little more. And if I can hit my marks and keep my head out of my backside it will definitely help.

Chats: 0

Really love the look of this ball, it has some really nice backend. My buddy has one, It is on my list of balls to order soon
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

I am a proud winner of a Bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

The ball is very temperamental. About 20 games into using it and I find it differs from frame to frame. I feel like it is starting to come in but I am not 100% sold on it. Initially I loved the way the ball rolled but that love turned to hate when it became erratic and I started throwing 150-170 games. That and I started throwing the Melee I won and it is super smooth super consistent hits hard right out of the box - that didn't help the case for the First Blood. But I think it is definitely improving as it breaks in. I will just keep throwing it and see what shakes out.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Keep us posted on your thoughts, if you would!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    The ball is very temperamental. About 20 games into using it and I find it differs from frame to frame. I feel like it is starting to come in but I am not 100% sold on it. Initially I loved the way the ball rolled but that love turned to hate when it became erratic and I started throwing 150-170 games. That and I started throwing the Melee I won and it is super smooth super consistent hits hard right out of the box - that didn't help the case for the First Blood. But I think it is definitely improving as it breaks in. I will just keep throwing it and see what shakes out.

Hummm my son was thinking about getting The First Blood...... Keep me posted on your thoughts, he will be getting a new ball to add to his collection soon! At the moment he just has two, a plastic, and Lights out!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Hummm my son was thinking about getting The First Blood...... Keep me posted on your thoughts, he will be getting a new ball to add to his collection soon! At the moment he just has two, a plastic, and Lights out!
    Will do Iceman. I am not sold on it yet. I see potential but I just haven't found it yet. Maybe it is a bit more aggressive than I am used to - I do find myself moving a lot more right than I would with either of my other 2 balls.

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    Will do Iceman. I am not sold on it yet. I see potential but I just haven't found it yet. Maybe it is a bit more aggressive than I am used to - I do find myself moving a lot more right than I would with either of my other 2 balls.
    What part of the lane do you play? Arrows and then break point. Also, how is your ball drilled, pin up or down?

Mine is drilled with pin above ring finger stacked and is a great ball. Don't ask me about Pin to PAP etc., I have no idea. I leave that to my driller.

High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    What part of the lane do you play? Arrows and then break point. Also, how is your ball drilled, pin up or down?

Mine is drilled with pin above ring finger stacked and is a great ball. Don't ask me about Pin to PAP etc., I have no idea. I leave that to my driller.

Looking at your ball it appears I have the identical layout except for left handed. No idea on Pin to PAP, etc. either. I know the pro shop guy mumbled something about ordering a specific pin dimension or something.

I typically line up at or near the middle of the approach and throw between 1st and 2nd arrow - typically just left of the 2nd arrow (again left handed keep that in mind). If I go all the way to 1st arrow with speed my ball will skid right down the lane missing the pocket hitting the 2-4 and leaving a 7 almost everytime. If I go right over the 2nd arrow or a little right of it I will smash the head pin dead on. So typically I am 1 board left of the 2nd arrow with success and if I do throw 1st arrow or even farther left if I stay under 15.50mph my ball will have a solid hit into the head pin.

What I find with this ball is one frame I will throw it perfect 1 board left of the 2nd arrow and it is golden. Next frame it changes with same exact shot. I talked a bit with the pro shop guy about it and he made some suggestions which I have tried. So now I start with a 5 step approach and it hooks nicely. Once I get tapped I move up to a 4 step approach and that works. If I have issues I am finding myself moving farther right with this ball than either of my other balls. But that has its limit as well - I start to throw it out to in and that is definitely not my shot and it causes me issues - which is normally when I switch to the Melee and move back left (or more centered on the approach - and if I remember to do that because if I stand too far right with the Melee it is disaster - at least the First Blood has the capability dispute my poor shot to go out in but definitely not the Melee). Which is probably why I have shot much better games with the Melee - it is more suited to my shot.

But I will keep throwing the First Blood because I think ultimately it will help expand my game and my skill set so down the road I can make better adjustments, etc. It probably is just what I need to bump my game to the next level. It just takes time and ultimate patience and weeding through bad shots, yanking the ball, throwing it too far outside, too much speed, not enough speed, etc. If I could just get my mechanics perfect the learning curve would increase exponentially. But Molson Canadian and short circuits of the brain say that is not possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast