Thread: Handicap Tournaments

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Smile Handicap Tournaments

I think handicap tournaments are great if you have an average below 160. I am 13 and i average 190-200. I am in the grey area. I have bowled in many before, but again, i had an average very low... The lower average people have more handicap, and have more of an advantage. I could roll a 301 and loose. Haha. I am thinking about going scratch this year. But i don't know if that is the best thing to do.

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    I think handicap tournaments are great if you have an average below 160. I am 13 and i average 190-200. I am in the grey area. I have bowled in many before, but again, i had an average very low... The lower average people have more handicap, and have more of an advantage. I could roll a 301 and loose. Haha. I am thinking about going scratch this year. But i don't know if that is the best thing to do.
    Dear Mickey,

You have an avg of 190-200......Thats bowling scratch so why do you need to decide if thats the best thing for you ? It is the best thing for you !!!!!! Coming up bowling scratch means you may get beat more than you will win BUT belive me that will help you in the next few years to be mentaly sound. A great bowler has even a better Mental Game.

All the best on and off the lanes
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Thank you for the advise. I have had alot of people tell me that i should go scratch, and I am. I am still kind of nervous but i will get through it.

Thanks again,
    Makayla Douglas