Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB - a bowling game because mine has mysteriously disappeared...

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by e-tank View Post
    happened last week in league. My accuracy was off plus the i couldnt figure out the lanes. One seemed drier than the other so i played accordingly but it was really a grab bag of what was gonna work on either lane. First time i bowled below average all season
    I know what you mean e-tank I had the same exact problem in league
    last night the left lane was a lot drier than the right lane was and the
    right lane was like the Sahara desert to start with.

The German Shepherd don't feel bad as I only had a 523 series on
    league last night. I just couldn't throw the ball hard enough to keep it
    on the right side of the head pin and I was throwing my T Zone plastic
    spare ball most of the night. I don't think they oiled the lanes last night
    or the oiling machine is really messed up or they are maybe experimenting
    with the shot.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 243

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    I know what you mean e-tank I had the same exact problem in league
    last night the left lane was a lot drier than the right lane was and the
    right lane was like the Sahara desert to start with.

The German Shepherd don't feel bad as I only had a 523 series on
    league last night. I just couldn't throw the ball hard enough to keep it
    on the right side of the head pin and I was throwing my T Zone plastic
    spare ball most of the night. I don't think they oiled the lanes last night
    or the oiling machine is really messed up or they are maybe experimenting
    with the shot.
    Im working on getting my own plastic spareball for this reason. When things arent working ill just play conservative with a plastic.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

I feel your pain

Spent the last week working on playing deep and felt very confident I would be hitting over 600 for league night last night...alas....complete failure...

back to practice!

Chats: 0

Bowling is just like life. Let's face it, you don't have a great day every day. Sometimes you have days where you just can't seem to get out of the dumper no matter what you do. Then one day you are back in the black and it seems like the world is a different place. On one league night I started out with a 120 game and my average is in the area of 171 to 189 in my 27 years of bowling. I thought to myself that I know how to bowl better then this. My wife even beat me that game and sometimes she is lucky to hit a game of 100. I think she bowled a 163. Boy! Did I feel silly. Even my teammates said WOW, your wife beat you. Luckily in the second game I pulled up my jock and bowled a 183 and finished with a 194. PHEW! That first game my wife would say as I was coming off of the approach after my turn what the heck are you doing? I said that I had no idea. I couldn't find my line. All I can say is THAT'S LIFE AND THAT'S BOWLING. You have to accept the bad and move forward.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Jay, when you find where to purchase this current myth called a game, would you please PM the details so I can get one also? 167, 194, 158 last night and 169, 184, 167 this morning
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I think my game just likes to take a lot of short vacations. I wish it would tell me where its going when it disappears, my wife and I might like to go too!

It was working hard the first game Monday when I shot 223 on a fairly difficult sport pattern. I think it went to the snack bar for a coffee break because I only had a 142 the second game. It returned to finish with a 189 and 177. I think it decided to leave for a brief vacation after that since Wednesday I only hit my left handed average one game and subbing right handed on Thursday my high game was only 171. On Saturday, after two practice games focusing on my balance arm and then spare shooting, my game was back well rested and refreshed. I started throwing a strike with my White dot, a second strike left handed, and a third back right handed with my Black Widow. After two spares, there was another right handed strike with my VG Nano, one with the White Dot and another lefty to finish the second turkey. I'm hoping it decides to stick around this week.
    John

Blog Entries
    Chats: 30

Quote Originally Posted by swingset View Post
    We've all been there.

Just shake it off, relax and start from scratch....slow yourself down, relax your muscles, concentrate on your target and have fun. The game will come back to you.
    I echo swingset. Even though I am in a bit of a slump; I have only shot 600 once in the last 16 times I bowled in my 3 leagues, I still focus on improving. Literally focusing before I throw my next ball, slowing everything down and not being so concerned with anything other than where I am in that moment I go to pick up my ball. From there, its all rhythm and allowing the previous focus to become my present focus and follow through til all ten pins have fallen.

Its not easy, but this game keeps us humble. We bowl on wood lanes that are oiled sometimes heavy, sometimes lightly. Its all about being confident in adjustments and going with the flow. I often reflect to the days when I was throwing 600 regularly (it wasn't that long ago - it was January this year!) when I was able to simply bowl. Emptying my mind is the key from the time I pick up my ball. After that point, I'd rather not think, just look, stare, watch and be prepared for a high-five. (: .)
    RIGHTY STROKER 12-14 MPH (: .)EBONITE Innovate (: .)ROTO GRIP Disturbed
    USBC: Avg: 176.3 HiG: 257 HiS: 631 || Lifetime HiG: 279 Lifetime HiS: 689
    My BowlingBoards Blog features Lifetime High Scores Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

Chats: 0

Hey, I was happy if I got a 3 game series of at least 500 or above. If I got a 600 series that was frosting on the cake. I never really worried about not getting a 600 series because that will only tense you up if you have a chance to get it. Remember this, don't look at your score until the game is over because you will just put pressure on yourself and that is not good to be successful at making good shots. A negative thought will give you a bad outcome on your performance.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 30

I look at the scoreboard maybe three times a game.
    After the 4th, after the 7th and after its all said and done.

This allows me to update my "Best Bowling" App. I can typically recall the last 4 frames remaining pins (if necc.) from memory, and it also helps me track how close I am to my opponent on the other team. Monday Night is a 5-man team where I am either #2 or #3, then there's Thursday, a 5 person mixed team and Wednesday, a 4 person mixed team, both of which I am the anchor.

I enjoy the social aspect of the game and can be found talking to a bunch of different bowlers of other teams and leagues when I'm at the lanes. I usually take a walk after each game to mentally "turn the page" and start anew. In that time, I strike up chatter with friends in other leagues. A bunch of us bowl in other leagues in the same house. Most of us bowl in 2 or 3 leagues. I only know of 2 guys who bowl in 4 leagues. Not sure I can do that, just yet. Maybe once I hone my skill a little more. Still knocking off the rough edges a bit. (: .)
    RIGHTY STROKER 12-14 MPH (: .)EBONITE Innovate (: .)ROTO GRIP Disturbed
    USBC: Avg: 176.3 HiG: 257 HiS: 631 || Lifetime HiG: 279 Lifetime HiS: 689
    My BowlingBoards Blog features Lifetime High Scores Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12