Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is storm the only company that gives out detailed resurfacing info?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

E-tank, the stop the lane condition machine before it reaches the pin deck or the 15' before the pins?
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 243

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    E-tank, the stop the lane condition machine before it reaches the pin deck or the 15' before the pins?
    I have no idea. The lanes are oiled before we get there. The only reason i say their is carry down is because i have had conversations with the staff about it and they often have parties come on sundays(which would mean plastic balls) and they tell me that they dont clean the backends for league because "league is supposed to be harder". Theres a huge difference in ball reaction from when i practice on fresh oil lanes during the week(in which they do clean the backends) vs sundays nights. Both are on relatively fresh oil. So basically i end up slowing my ball speed down to give my ball a chance to grip.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

they tell me that they don't clean the backends for league because "league is supposed to be harder".
    That's a load of.... Sounds like They're just cheap they don't want to strip and dress the lanes fully, so they are just redressing the heads.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    That's a load of.... Sounds like They're just cheap they don't want to strip and dress the lanes fully, so they are just redressing the heads.
    haha i made a thread about it a couple weeks ago and the rest of the members here felt the same way as you.

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

so the only way to combat the carry down would be to continue to slow ball speed or get a particle ball?

Chats: 16

I move right and shoot more down and in.
    - Ed

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Equipment: Hammer 1st Blood (RICO Layout @1500 Polished), Hammer Taboo (RICO Layout @2000 Polished), Hammer Taboo Blue/Silver (RICO Layout @4000), Storm Natural Pearl, Hammer Razyr, Ebonite Maxim

League Average (THS): 207
    High Game Score: 279 (9 in a row)
    High 3 Game Series: 788

PAP: 5 3/4 right 1/4 up
    Ball Speed: Mid 15-16 (Tweener)

Quote Originally Posted by e-tank View Post
    Admittedly ive only been trying to find brunswick/dv8 since those are the balls ive been trying to return to oob surface but ive only found the pads used and not the detailed steps like storm has. Is it more just figuring out what works?
    Manufacturers DO NOT use ball spinners and off the shelf sanding pads to resurface their bowling balls. Everything is machine made. Here's a video regarding how bowling balls are made.

Storm...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP94D28TA4w

Ebonite...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTUHnvZSnns
    - Ed

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Equipment: Hammer 1st Blood (RICO Layout @1500 Polished), Hammer Taboo (RICO Layout @2000 Polished), Hammer Taboo Blue/Silver (RICO Layout @4000), Storm Natural Pearl, Hammer Razyr, Ebonite Maxim

Another manufacturing video for Storm...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDtS955HnD0
    - Ed

Quote Originally Posted by swingset View Post
    Frankly, not even Storms tips actually resurface to OOB specs they just get you in the ballpark. How could it be otherwise? They're not using spinners.

Better to just do it using tried and true methods and consistent time/pressure so that you can duplicate your own surface again and again. I don't even keep OOB finish on a new ball, I sand it from the outset to my own liking so I have my own baseline to return to.

I agree. I do the same with brand new bowling balls. Granted, I have my own equipment, but at least I know I can always duplicate the same process all the time.
    - Ed

Quote Originally Posted by ecub View Post
    I move right and shoot more down and in.
    Ive changed my release and back swing which makes me play more down and in and it seemed to work tonight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12