Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ball Manufactures Should Have A Trade In Program

Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by SmilingBowler View Post
    This is a noble idea. I often wonder where do all the old bowling balls end up?

The only answers I see are garages, basements and closets.
    Pretty much, wherever they can go to get lost in the past.

Of course, some balls can be used for single pin spares if it has lost its "bite" and the owner doesn't want to let it go to waste. But that doesn't necessarily become the cause for every "lost ball" collecting dust somewhere. I would take one step further as I am "green-minded" and wonder if old balls can be recycled.

Can the cover be melted off, the core be re-used or recycled and maybe, just maybe, we can all make this planet better by donating our old bowling balls to a a great cause to support youth bowling. If the balls are too heavy for the youth, that's not really a solution. Perhaps they still hold value and can cut down costs for new materials. I'd love to test out a bowling ball with the green triangle arrows on it knowing it was completely constructed from recycled bowling balls.
    They go to "The Island Of Broken Bowling Equipment"

It explains why you see so many finger-tip-drilled balls among the house equipment at you local lane. My wife and I use the "pay it forward" system. When she graduated from her 12lb ball, I passed it to someone in my league who did not own a boll or shoes.

A manufactures recycling credit would be a great idea, but only a brave visionary would be consciencous enough to take the risk. I industy is entreched is constantly selling you "bigger and better". It's the American retail model.
    I live by three simples rules:

1. Don't ever ask about my business
    2. Never discuss business at the table
    3. Don't ever side with anyone against the family

Ringer
    Chats: 0

I gave some to a pig farmer once. The hogs like rolling them around. I'm not kidding.
    Ball speed: 17 - 18.5 mph Rev rate: 400ish
    PAP 6 1/8" over 1/4" up
    13° axis tilt / 30°-60° axis rotation
    Thumbless bowler
    High game: 300 High series: 804 High average: 217

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
    I gave some to a pig farmer once. The hogs like rolling them around. I'm not kidding.
    Makes sense, if you saw some of the people I see on our lanes, you'd have a hard time telling the difference...and they seem to enjoy rolling them around too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12