Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm a grumpy old man...

Chats: 16

I can also see this in the bowling center's point of view. You group the bowlers together in one area. Therefore, it's easier for the guy oiling the lanes just to stay to one side. If you spread everyone apart, you either have to oil the lanes used, causing the guy to go back and forth, which can be time consuming. Oil the ALL the lanes, but can waste money. Oil just part of the house.
    - Ed

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Equipment: Hammer 1st Blood (RICO Layout @1500 Polished), Hammer Taboo (RICO Layout @2000 Polished), Hammer Taboo Blue/Silver (RICO Layout @4000), Storm Natural Pearl, Hammer Razyr, Ebonite Maxim

League Average (THS): 207
    High Game Score: 279 (9 in a row)
    High 3 Game Series: 788

PAP: 5 3/4 right 1/4 up
    Ball Speed: Mid 15-16 (Tweener)

The lanes I sometimes practice on always make sure to give me a lane of freedom on each side of me if they can help it. I can understand sort of grouping people to make oiling the lanes easier, but they have to oil every lane anyway for leagues.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by ecub View Post
    I can also see this in the bowling center's point of view. You group the bowlers together in one area. Therefore, it's easier for the guy oiling the lanes just to stay to one side. If you spread everyone apart, you either have to oil the lanes used, causing the guy to go back and forth, which can be time consuming. Oil the ALL the lanes, but can waste money. Oil just part of the house.
    This is understandable but our center oils 30 minutes prior to any league. In my situation, I had just laid down the pattern I would be using while all the other lanes were left over from the youth league. The owner asked how the shoot went today so I told him it was cut short. He was furious. He understands the free advertising mentioning the center could only help him. On a side note, one of the lanes had broke the push bar. I replaced it as he was out of town and for that he was grateful as all the lanes were reserved for last night.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123