Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Its time to ban pit bulls

Default Its time to ban pit bulls

I'm getting tired of stories like this.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#...on-pitbull.ctv

Time to ban stupid people.

I know plenty of pit bulls and the worst they will do is lick you to death.

We should ban chihuahua and mini-poodles. I've been bit more by them than any pit bull.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

But what led to the attack? Is this an owner who has raised the dog to be mean? Beat the dog? Have other children in the neighborhood teased the dog? How old is the Pit? The reason for that question is Pit Bulls, Dobermans and Rottweillers among others, as they age their brains become too large for the skull leading to erratic behavior. This doesn't happen to them all but is very common just as hip dysplasia is for a German Shepard.
    My wife's Chihuahua is getting old and too protective. If you don't live here, he will go after you when you come through the door.

I only question this because I know too many morons that own Pit Bulls and Rottweillers who treat them poorly, wanting to make them mean. My step-daughter has a Pit Bull. She just moved out and had her dog here. I saw him for the first time in two weeks (was at her boyfriends while she packed, etc.) and he was so happy to see me he knocked me over to lick my face. I raised that pup and trained him for her and was never mean to him yet all I have to do is point and he will lower his head and go to where I pointed and lay down. Same with my Terrier and Miniature Doberman.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 19

I dunno... I think certain breeds have certain tendencies. Border collies have a reputation for requiring work. I know someone who had one and if it was bored, it would "herd" her kids.

I dont know what my dog is. Mostly lab, but some think pitt is in there too. He has never growled or snapped or anything. His biggest fault is not realizing his own size and thinking he can be a lap dog. BUT...

He does have some protective tendencies (except vs small dogs. He is terrified of small dogs). He wants to know who is around me and if anything seems dangerous. In the dog park, if there is a fight, he runs to me. I cant decide if he is looking to me for protection or if he is there to protect me. The vet said labs and pitts are known to have loyal and protective tendencies, so I just have to make sure he knows its not acceptable to "protect" me. But that has never really come up.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Chats: 506

you sir are a very ignorant person... guess we should start banning people by race if one race seems to be more voilant even tho pits are some of the most lovable dogs but because there are a few he were raised wrong let get rid of them all
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

If you feel negative towards pit bulls you should watch the show on animal planet, Pit Bulls & Parolees. Great show that will make you realize they are GREAT dogs. Its a great program that shows there are a lot of people that truly care about animals and good people do exist.

Quote Originally Posted by noeymc View Post
    you sir are a very ignorant person... guess we should start banning people by race if one race seems to be more voilant even tho pits are some of the most lovable dogs but because there are a few he were raised wrong let get rid of them all

That girls life is going to be a living hell with those giant scars all over her face

If a pit bull riped apart your daughters face, I bet you wouldn't be so smug

Chats: 16

I'm a dog owner. I don't own a pitbull. Dog's do have their instincts, but I would have to blame it on their owner. The pitbull was probably trained to be a guard dog. It just didn't know the neighbors yard was not part of it's territory. Therefore, the dog saw the little girl as an enemy.
    - Ed

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Equipment: Hammer 1st Blood (RICO Layout @1500 Polished), Hammer Taboo (RICO Layout @2000 Polished), Hammer Taboo Blue/Silver (RICO Layout @4000), Storm Natural Pearl, Hammer Razyr, Ebonite Maxim

League Average (THS): 207
    High Game Score: 279 (9 in a row)
    High 3 Game Series: 788

PAP: 5 3/4 right 1/4 up
    Ball Speed: Mid 15-16 (Tweener)

A five-year review of dog-bite injuries from the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, published in 2009 in the journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, found that almost 51 percent of the attacks were from pit bulls, almost 9 percent were from Rottweilers and 6 percent were from mixes of those two breeds. In other words, a whopping two-thirds of the hospital's dog-attack injuries involved just two breeds, pit bulls and Rottweilers.

31 U.S. fatal dog attacks occurred in 2011. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 600 U.S. cities, pit bulls led these attacks accounting for 71% (22). Pit bulls make up less than 5% of the total U.S. dog population.

Chats: 16

The only thing is, untrained little dogs bite too. I'm sure all you can get is just a small scratch from little dogs. It's just the bigger dogs, have harder bites. It's still the fault of the owner. I'm not sure if anyone has watched Ceasar Millan, a dog trainer. He has taken in pitbulls, that were used to for dog fighting and trained them. The same dogs are in now homes with other dogs, people, even children.
    - Ed

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Equipment: Hammer 1st Blood (RICO Layout @1500 Polished), Hammer Taboo (RICO Layout @2000 Polished), Hammer Taboo Blue/Silver (RICO Layout @4000), Storm Natural Pearl, Hammer Razyr, Ebonite Maxim

League Average (THS): 207
    High Game Score: 279 (9 in a row)
    High 3 Game Series: 788

PAP: 5 3/4 right 1/4 up
    Ball Speed: Mid 15-16 (Tweener)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast