Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Its time to ban pit bulls

Chats: 16

- Ed

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    Equipment: Hammer 1st Blood (RICO Layout @1500 Polished), Hammer Taboo (RICO Layout @2000 Polished), Hammer Taboo Blue/Silver (RICO Layout @4000), Storm Natural Pearl, Hammer Razyr, Ebonite Maxim

League Average (THS): 207
    High Game Score: 279 (9 in a row)
    High 3 Game Series: 788

PAP: 5 3/4 right 1/4 up
    Ball Speed: Mid 15-16 (Tweener)

Chats: 506

Quote Originally Posted by ghoul31 View Post
    That girls life is going to be a living hell with those giant scars all over her face

If a pit bull riped apart your daughters face, I bet you wouldn't be so smug
    i bet if that dog was raised right shed be alright no such thing as a bad dog just bad owners...
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

There is no such thing as a bad assault rifle, but they are being banned.

Because they are simply causing too much damage in the wrong hands.

Its the same thing with pit bulls. They are causing too much damage and need to be banned.

the media makes people afraid of nothing all the time this is just another one of thos points before the pits it was rots before them it was the german sherpard also u just compared a living thing to a weapon where is your moral compass... i guess we should kill them all and let them die off right ? also what about the people who are raising there dogs right should they have to give up there family member? tell u what anyone wants to try and take my dog better be ready for war and i know for a fact a lot of people feel the same way why not ban all mexicans they are ms13 drug lords we should ban them all dont need them here they only are trouble right? i mean a gun is = to a dog so a dog must be = to a human lets ban your kids u are no long to have kids. people like you are causing pit bulls damg
    Stroker
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook

Exotic animals like lions and tigers are banned because they are too dangerous.

Why would pit bulls be any different?

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Exotic animals like lions and tigers are banned because they are too dangerous.

Why would pit bulls be any different?
    First, most of the big exotic predators are endangered species and each one kept in a private zoo reduces the number left to reproduce in the wild.

Second, they are wild animals. While many have been conditioned to perform in circuses, none of them are tame.

Third, pit bull terriers are domesticated and submit to following a human pack leader.
    John

Yes but pit bulls have been bred to fight and kill and be aggressive.

So in a way they are like wild animals.

You are obviously shaken up by the account, know of similar in your own life, or have always been afraid of the animal. Maybe all three.

The people who study these animals know that Pit Bulls are not automatic killing machines. As if they are a bomb that will without fail go off. There are a lot of statistics that both sides of this argument could point out. I fear with the obvious emotional attachment you have to the issue that you will stick by your own facts and not examine what they mean, merely that they support your argument.

I know that there are breeds that bite more often and that there are breeds that I find more scary. The problem for the Pit Bull that scares me is that it's bite is designed not to let go. Once it bites, it is meant to stay attached and very little changes that attachment.

It all boils down to the responsibilty of the owners. In attack siutations it isowners who are abusive and/or negligent. (Trust me, this isn't exclusive to Pit Bull owners) Very rare is the domesticated animal that is born evil. Which means that this is really all about how we all have to live around each other and their choices. To ban an entire breed seems unreasonable and shortsighted. It would not make the problems go away as the situation that created it would just meander to a different breed or device.

But that is assuming you don't think of the pit bull as evil incarnate 100% of the time. Which I fear that you do.
    In the Bag: Storm Marvel Pearl, Storm IQ, Columbia 300 White Dot
    In the Locker: Storm Tropical Breeze, RG Defiant, RG Bandit

Blog Entries
    Chats: 5

Quote Originally Posted by americantrotter View Post
    You are obviously shaken up by the account, know of similar in your own life, or have always been afraid of the animal. Maybe all three.

The people who study these animals know that Pit Bulls are not automatic killing machines. As if they are a bomb that will without fail go off. There are a lot of statistics that both sides of this argument could point out. I fear with the obvious emotional attachment you have to the issue that you will stick by your own facts and not examine what they mean, merely that they support your argument.

I know that there are breeds that bite more often and that there are breeds that I find more scary. The problem for the Pit Bull that scares me is that it's bite is designed not to let go. Once it bites, it is meant to stay attached and very little changes that attachment.

It all boils down to the responsibilty of the owners. In attack siutations it isowners who are abusive and/or negligent. (Trust me, this isn't exclusive to Pit Bull owners) Very rare is the domesticated animal that is born evil. Which means that this is really all about how we all have to live around each other and their choices. To ban an entire breed seems unreasonable and shortsighted. It would not make the problems go away as the situation that created it would just meander to a different breed or device.

But that is assuming you don't think of the pit bull as evil incarnate 100% of the time. Which I fear that you do.
    I believe it maybe personal as well. While I also believe it's definitely the owners that give these dogs a bad rep...it's like you said, their bite is designed to not let go, so that would deter me from owning one myself with small children, but that's my own opinion. Never would I say that they should all be destroyed though. I've seen some pitbulls very well mannered and friendly, just like their owners.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com
    In the bag: Columbia 300 Mass Eruption (strike ball), DV8 Zombie (spare)
    High game: 233 High series: 578

Yes but pit bulls have been bred to fight and kill and be aggressive.

So in a way they are like wild animals.
    the military is trained to fight and kill and be very aggressive
    Stroker

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast