Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Outage at the Bowling Center while bowling

Banned
    Chats: 68

I was bowling in a tournament, not doing well. Just after I let go of the ball the power went out, so the ball didn't come back.
    I told someone else there that I would leave, but they've got me by the ball.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 30

Quote Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
    Thanks Sprocket!
    RIGHTY STROKER 12-14 MPH (: .)EBONITE Innovate (: .)ROTO GRIP Disturbed
    USBC: Avg: 176.3 HiG: 257 HiS: 631 || Lifetime HiG: 279 Lifetime HiS: 689
    My BowlingBoards Blog features Lifetime High Scores Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Yes I have. High winds during a massive thundrstorm/tornadoes. Power came back on three days later and the entire night was replayed.
    I am guessing that would be the USBC ruling, to replay the series. But I wonder, no matter when the power went out, would all the games be replayed or just the game that was being bowled during the power outage?
    My BowlingBoards Blog features Lifetime High Scores Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    I was bowling in a tournament, not doing well. Just after I let go of the ball the power went out, so the ball didn't come back.
    I told someone else there that I would leave, but they've got me by the ball.
    LOL! That's a great line...

My Dad had just thrown a spare shot when the power went out last week and his ball was in the back. They called the mechanic to dish it out for him and rolled it back to him in the gutter from the back wall to the approach. They had to do it a dozen or so more times for other bowlers, in other leagues, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilingBowler View Post
    I am guessing that would be the USBC ruling, to replay the series. But I wonder, no matter when the power went out, would all the games be replayed or just the game that was being bowled during the power outage?
    Is it? Because I missed a night due to a big storm and only two of my teammates made it. They bowled the first two games no problem, but the power went out during the third game. What the league ended up doing was any game that was finished counted. If everyone on your pair of lanes stayed and finished the third game after the power came back, the scores counted. If the teams left because of the power outage and storm, the third game was re-started the next week after the regular three games. I missed out on the first two games the week of the storm, but as a result, got to bowl in the third makeup game.

Blog Entries

Thanks GreenDay... I wasn't sure. Maybe the USBC doesn't have any rules along those lines, it may just be ruled within each USBC League's blue laws (or whatever term you may choose to use) when each league has their own options like the blind bowler. Some leagues knock 10 pins off the average, some take 15 off, others take 20 or more, some base it on what the average is. I wasn't sure if the USBC had a ruling in the area, like they do for equipment, scoring, etc.

Chats: 0

What is Pre-bowling? I swear bowling has as many odd terms as the Military does.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Gunz1911 View Post
    What is Pre-bowling? I swear bowling has as many odd terms as the Military does.
    Pre-bowling is when a team is allowed to bowl before the leagues regularly scheduled games. Say if most of my team were planning to go on vacation next week, instead of having to forfeit, we can ask our league secretary to let us pre-bowl, and the league secretary will set up a time with the alley for us to bowl before we leave.

This rule was established to encourage more teams to participate in the Nationals, since many teams would be reluctant to forfeit a weeks league bowling as most seasons are coming to a close.
    John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12