Thread: Usbc white pattern #2

Chats: 36

Default Usbc white pattern #2

The NJ State Tournament will be this weekend and I am pretty psyched about it. The oil pattern will be the USBC White #2 but it will have a shift of singles and doubles bowled on it before my team event. How would you attack a pattern in this condition???

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by The German Shepherd View Post
    The NJ State Tournament will be this weekend and I am pretty psyched about it. The oil pattern will be the USBC White #2 but it will have a shift of singles and doubles bowled on it before my team event. How would you attack a pattern in this condition???

Jay
    Any chance that you'll know what lanes you'll be on early enough to watch where the bowlers ahead of you are playing at the end of their last game?
    John

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Fairly weak ball from 25 to 15 then judge from there. It's the marks I use whenever I don't know the pattern or how burnt it may be.
    Use your gut, Jay. You're too good to even worry about this. Stop over thinkng and let your body do it's thing.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Seeing as the lanes will be burnt up I wouldn't worry about the pattern. Sounds like enough games will be on them to render actually thinking about the oil pattern. My advice would be just go up for the first couple frames or practice and just roll your normal shot and adjust from there.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Ah, I regularly play on a burnt up white and blue patterns. A white pattern is basically just a slightly heavier THS. Pretty easy to play.

I stand around the 29 board, throw over the 15 (arrows), and just watch it slam back in. I use my Frantic on it. Never played on a fresh one but only after a league's worth of games has been played on it. Really not that tough. I wouldn't get worked up over it.

So I'm a tweener, using a medium ball, throwing over the 3rd arrow (Not really my preferred line but it's just way too dry to play straight up outside), medium ball speed.

Chats: 36

I do plan on going early and watching the doubles bowlers to see how much they break the shot down. Praying for some lefties on the pair before we get there....

Jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Well in that case, I bet both teams will be filled with lefties. I'm sure a man of God wouldn't pray for meaningless stuff
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com