Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just ordered my new ball

Chats: 0

Default Just ordered my new ball

While I had the kids at bowling yesterday I went into the Pro Shop and ordered my Hammer Nail... should have it mid week. Cant wait. I havent really bowled since i was a kid and now i get to go with my kids.

Chats: 19

Nice! We have/had (where is unclemints, if I'm getting his name right, these days???) another member who LOVES the nail. And there's something awesome about having a ball called the Hammer Nail.

They say nothing hits like a Hammer. While I'm enjoying my Crossroad and Droid, I do miss my Hammer No Mercy (it was an exceptional ball. Lots of great memories with it!). They're a great brand.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    where is unclemints, if I'm getting his name right, these days???
    I think its unclemantis. Hopefully he's got lots of work and not enough time to both bowl and blog about it.
    John

I have been looking for a bag now, and was wondering, does everyone carry their shoes in their bag with their balls or in a separate bag? I have found a nice 2 ball Hammer bag to go with the ball but it does not have a place too carry shoes. And for some reason, carrying a bag with another manufactures name on it without a ball of such name does not make sense. Any opinions....

I like my BSI 2 ball roller. It has a place for shoes

Meh... Don't worry about brand loyalty. Just get a bag that works for you. But I think my pops bag is a one ball Hammer, and he fits his shoes in there just fine. There's always space if put them in toe first and aren't too concerned about them getting squished at all. But I think his actually fits quite comfortably and he also has room for a towel, unless I'm mistaken.

Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)

I really like the Hammer 2 ball tote, the orange and black one. And it does look like it could hold shoes but states that it cant. However, I think i am goin to go with the Pyramid Path Double Tote Plus Clear Top Black/Orange. Cant go wrong, only $28

you might consider getting a roller. For $28, I would have questions about its durability over time. With a roller, you don't have to worry about what 30 (or so) pounds is about to fall on if/when the strap breaks.

Plus, I've found you accumulate junk from time to time so having something with some extra storage is a great idea.

And if you REALLY want to go crazy, you could always get a 3 ball roller! I did a review on my Storm 3 ball roller on these forums. I'm still very happy with my purchase (although I'm starting to see a possible concern on the handle...).

I ordered it off bowlingball.com and got it on a great sale, http://www.bowlingball.com/products/...EGA-DEAL.html# here is a link, was originally a $60 bag. i was thinking about a roller, but just decided against it at this point.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 30

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    Nice! We have/had (where is unclemints, if I'm getting his name right, these days???) another member who LOVES the nail. And there's something awesome about having a ball called the Hammer Nail.

They say nothing hits like a Hammer. While I'm enjoying my Crossroad and Droid, I do miss my Hammer No Mercy (it was an exceptional ball. Lots of great memories with it!). They're a great brand.
    I think you mean unclemantis - I haven't seen him on the boards recently, but I'm sure he'll return at some point, hopefully he sees this, and yes, I do believe that Hammer Nail is his primary ball.
    RIGHTY STROKER 12-14 MPH (: .)EBONITE Innovate (: .)ROTO GRIP Disturbed
    USBC: Avg: 176.3 HiG: 257 HiS: 631 || Lifetime HiG: 279 Lifetime HiS: 689
    My BowlingBoards Blog features Lifetime High Scores Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast