Thread: The Masters

Chats: 19

Default The Masters

Anyone?

I love golf. I think bowling and golf are two sports that I love to hate because of the way they are. Think about it: Have you ever watched the NFL, or MLB, or NBA or NHL (recently... not talking about when you were 12...) and thought to yourself, "I could do that if I practice a little!!!"

There's something that just seems so simple about it, but it's so hard. Golf is probably the MOST humbling sport to me. But I can't get enough of it.

And The Masters? I hate how Augusta National is so deep in it's traditions that it can be sexist (well... until VERY recently, and after it was way overdue) and racist. But everything else about the course? It's almost a religious experience, so I guess that's why they have Amen Corner there. What a course! What a tournament! I don't think there is much man created real estate in this world that is as pretty as that golf course.

So... I'm VERY disappointed Freddy Couples had a rough round yesterday. I would have liked him to be in some form of contention today. I couldn't care less about Tiger Woods. Never liked the guy, just because everyone else DOES like him. And then there was the recent thing with sleeping around and whatnot... Just cemented the fact I don't like him and made sure I never will.

I was always a Padraig Harrington guy (I used to play Wilson Staff irons, and I'm of Irish heritage, so it's nice to have a Wilson Staff Irish guy) but he didn't make the cut. He is getting old and is on his way out. These days I hit Pings, but I can't truly get myself to root for a guy named Bubba (even though he is a likable person). It could have been interesting to see if Lee Westwood could get his first Major win, but it would be a miracle at this point.

Of the players left in contention, I think it's hard not to be pulling for Snedeker. I'm sure he has his flaws, but speaking as someone who doesn't follow him too closely, everytime I AM aware of him he seems like a classy guy, and I'll never forget when he lost in 2008... It seems like the tournament truly means something to him. I'd like to see him win it (sorry for the bad video... Best I could find on youtube, and I'm surprise Augusta National hasn't taken it down yet, they're so strict about things... hahahaha)

But how about that Chinese kid? It's hard to believe he's only 14 years old! I don't think this could have possibly gone better for him. He has really been poised, and proven himself mature beyond his years. Read this article if you have the time. VERY impressive how that 14 year old has carried himself and played the game.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Chats: 723

I don't really watch golf all that much, i caught some of the highlights from the past couple days, woods nailing the flag pole and bouncing off into the lake made me laugh really hard, there were a lot of really crazy looking shots people made and i definitely have a lot of respect for the sport (no mater how much i suck at it)
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Chats: 19

Yeah, me either. I can watch it a little, but rarely for a whole day. With most tournaments I'll turn it on for the last hour, MAYBE...

Except The Masters. I can't get enough of The Masters. What a course! Well... I like Pebble Beach, too. And I'll normally get into the US and British Opens a little. But nothing like The Masters. With The Masters, I'll tivo all 4 rounds and watch them all. With the other majors, I'll watch the last day. With everything else? MAYBE, the last hour. hahaha.

Anywho... So yeah.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

I love the Masters! It's the only major that I look forward to every year. Augusta has so much tradition and it's by far one of the most beautiful courses in the world. I usually try to get time off from work each year, unfortunately this year it was not in the cards.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums
    In the bag: DV8 (Misfit, Zombie), Roto Grip (Disturbed, Wrecker), Storm (Hy-Road Pearl, Ice, IQ Tour Pearl, Sync, Tropical Breeze)
    High league game: 256. High league series: 618 PAP: 3 1/2" over 1" up