Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today we are all Bostonians...

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I think it's time to bring back firing squads and public hangings for certain offenses. Hiding/shielding people from real consequences has de-sensitized society.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 19

My Grandfather lived in Hanover and spent the last years of his life in a high rise apartment building in Boston. The best memories of my childhood were in Boston. Im still sick, but a Boston native (Bill Simmons, aka The Sports Guy, formerly The Boston Sports Guy) said it best:

That's my hometown. You can't break Boston. People have been trying for 350 years. It's not happening. We will mourn the fallen, raise money for the victims and come back more defiant than ever. For anyone who thinks the marathon has been ruined or irrevocably altered — you're wrong. Too many people will do whatever it takes to rebuild that race, improve it, protect it, make it better than it was. I bet more people run next year's race than ever before. It's our own little holiday, the most sacred of days. Everyone from Boston has watched the race near the finish line at least once. Everyone has gone to that 11 a.m. Red Sox game. Everyone has a family member who ran the race and at least one or two good friends who pulled off the 26.2 miles. So when someone tries to blow that day up in the most evil way possible, you pull yourself back together, try to process the senselessness, slowly feel yourself getting pissed off, and then sing the national anthem at the top of your lungs and send a message to everyone else. I'm proud of you, Boston.
    Last edited by ArtVandelay; 04-21-2013 at 10:56 PM.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Blog Entries
    Chats: 67

I am PROUD of you ArtVandelay!
    JUDY / JUDY / JUDY...5/24/13 BOWLING RECORD AMF EULESS LANES HG 216 / HS 535
    PIN PALS, "PLEASE, " SPARE ME SOME STRIKES !!!
    I AM A HAPPY...BLESSED...PROUD...MEMBER...BOWLINGBOARDS.C OM

Chats: 1

It seems that we have become increasingly hard since 911. That means we are losing more and more of our humanity. It is refreshing to see so many people decide to put on compassion rather than anger. There may still be some hope for the Human race.
    I live by three simples rules:

1. Don't ever ask about my business
    2. Never discuss business at the table
    3. Don't ever side with anyone against the family

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12