Chats: 0

Default My review for the Venom Toxin

My information

Ball speed-15mph average/ Rev rate- 280 average
    Axis tilt-15 degrees /Axis rotation-45 degrees
    Ball drilling on the ball reviewed-75x45 @ 4 1/2" No weight hole

Ball stats: Core-Gear
    Ball Covestock- Atomix Hybrid Radial Reactive
    Surface-2000 sanded/MOTIV Power Gel Polish, RG-2.48 15lbs. RG Diff-. 034 15lbs.
    Flare potential-3"+
    Color-Neon Green with blue labels and lettering.

Overview

The Venom Toxin for me is a real special ball.

In the Detroit area,the Metro Detroit USBC along with Blumark Group started a women's series called Women's Rip Ten Series.They have 6 events from Oct.-May.with a final for the the top 16 in points.Usually between.40-50 women compete at each tournament.Women from around the state and out of state are allowed to bowl.So this is and important and prestigious series.

The series bowls at two different houses.One has old wood lanes and the other has high friction AMF HPL lanes.They put down a slightly modified house shot 42' at these last two tournaments..I could always hit the pocket ad nauseum,at these two houses,but couldn't carry.When the Venom Toxin came along,it was a blessing to me.On March 10,2013 I used the Toxin 7 of 8 games.To win the title.The ball got through the wood heads and didn't over react on the backend.The coverstock helped it get though the burnt heads,and the low Rg core and medium differential give me a great read in the late midlanes,and control the backends on this fresh shot.As the shot broke down I was able to move 5-10 boards left of the other women.This greatly helped me keep control of the breakpoint.By controlling the breakpoint increased my pin carry.This increase in carry greatly helped me mentally.Knowing that I was able to stay within my game and not have to try to find the reaction I needed in another ball.

On Sunday,April 7,2013 at the house with the AMF HPL lanes,the early friction is present early.Using the Toxin 6 games of 7 to win back to back titles.
    The Venom Toxin let me play at least 5 boards left of all the other women to start.Starting 25 over 13.The milder coverstock and low diff. help the ball get through the heads and the low RG helps the ball rev up in the midlane,and control the backend when there is early friction in the heads on fresh oil.As the lanes transitioned I could just move left and stay in the oil. Moving about 30 over 17.On the synthetic lanes this ball had more backend than on the wood lanes.But I was still able to control the breakpoint without any violent over reaction.On the synthetic HPL lanes,the increase of friction at the backend helped create even greater entry angle,which increased pin carry.This ball is a winner.My favorite so far.

The Venom Toxin is a great ball. If you don't have one yet,go out and get one.It will not disappoint.
    http://www.motivbowling.com/products...nom-toxin.html
    Angela Wilt : Brunswick Staff Member

do you get a discount you can pass along being a staff member?

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto24 View Post
    do you get a discount you can pass along being a staff member?
    Staff members do get discounts, but passing those discounts along would be extremely counter productive for the company, and as such is not allowed
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Quote Originally Posted by 75lockwood View Post
    Staff members do get discounts, but passing those discounts along would be extremely counter productive for the company, and as such is not allowed
    while i cant say its "not allowed." i more would say that it is more frowned upon. i actually know a few staff bowlers that pass along their "savings." they don't do it for everyone, but they still do it.

while i cant say its "not allowed." i more would say that it is more frowned upon. i actually know a few staff bowlers that pass along their "savings." they don't do it for everyone, but they still do it.
    do these staffers tell the company's that they do this? I can't imagine the companies knowing about the discount pass along and still give them the ball. the whole point of having staffers is to advertise the brand and get people to buy the balls, if your paying someone (giving the discount is a form of payment) and instead of the people you advertising to buying the equipment and the company making money, your giving them the same discount, how is the ball company making any return on the investment?

like I said, they aren't doing it for EVERYBODY. but the select few that do get it are almost like mini reps. they talk other people into getting it. BAM! theres the return.

you mean to tell me that is a staff member offered you a ball cheaper than your pro shop you wouldn't take it?

you mean to tell me that is a staff member offered you a ball cheaper than your pro shop you wouldn't take it?
    oh I would probably take it, but that has nothing to do with the fact that its not allowed, will it be caught every time? nope, all i'm trying to point out is its not supposed to happen, and won't be happening for someone over the internet you don't know

Quote Originally Posted by 75lockwood View Post
    oh I would probably take it, but that has nothing to do with the fact that its not allowed, will it be caught every time? nope, all i'm trying to point out is its not supposed to happen, and won't be happening for someone over the internet you don't know
    just thought I would ask. didn't know I was intruding on your territory, here?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

It never hurts to ask.
    People ask me all the time. Just for the record, no.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast