Thread: Tank

Default Tank

TANK!

The new Tank by Motiv is exactly that. A ball that is very smooth and predictable and still delivers a huge punch through the pins. The tank is a ball that rolls very well and picks up very early with the new Ballistix Solid Urethane Coverstock. Drilled at 70 x 4.25 x 75, still rolls smooth and then likes to pop on the back end. The Tank holds true to its urethane nature and never over or under reacts. It is very predictable and a great tool to have in the bag. Mine is primarily drilled for length to play on low volume and when I can play outside of the track area. Overall a great tool to have in the bag for low volume and dry conditions!

Justin Howard
    Motiv Staff
    www.motivbowling.com

Chats: 723

Quote Originally Posted by J How View Post
    TANK!

The new Tank by Motiv is exactly that. A ball that is very smooth and predictable and still delivers a huge punch through the pins. The tank is a ball that rolls very well and picks up very early with the new Ballistix Solid Urethane Coverstock. Drilled at 70 x 4.25 x 75, still rolls smooth and then likes to pop on the back end. The Tank holds true to its urethane nature and never over or under reacts. It is very predictable and a great tool to have in the bag. Mine is primarily drilled for length to play on low volume and when I can play outside of the track area. Overall a great tool to have in the bag for low volume and dry conditions!

Justin Howard
    Motiv Staff
    www.motivbowling.com
    Motiv Thrash Frenzy

Thrash the Competition!

The Thrash Frenzy is smooth and violent all in one. This ball has length that is very natural and a violent backend reaction with great continuation all the way through the pins. This is the most angular ball that Motiv has ever released. This ball is spectacular when the oil pattern begins to break down, or when you are bowling on a medium to dryer oil pattern. The Whiplash pearl cover is a great compliment with the quadfire core, which has proven itself over and over again. I love having a cover/core combo that you can trust to get back from anywhere on the lane. Layouts I used were 80x5x50 with a P3 and 70x4.25x30. The first layout is a little early and makes a very big move at the breakpoint. The second layout is a little longer and a little more angular entry into the pocket. These two layouts fit together nicely and also fit in very well in the lineup of Motiv’s other equipment. This ball is starting to be the first ball out of my bag on many different conditions, and I see it being in my bag for a long time to come!

Justin Howard
    Motiv Staff
    www.motivbowling.com
    2 Cruel

The 2 Cruel is the Most hooking ball in the Motiv lineup. This ball will allow you to play in the heaviest of oil conditions as well as open up the lane on medium conditions. The whip lash hybrid cover stock, also new to motiv really gives this ball not only snap in the back end but power. This ball has great continuation and really seems to drive through the pins. This ball will also be very good on typical house shots on the fresh. In my opinion this ball is about 4-5 boards stronger than the Raptor, while also being much cleaner through the front part of the lane. This is a must have in the Motiv line, and right now it is the first ball out of my bag on most shots!

70 x 5 x 30
    50 x 5 x 45

Justin Howard
    Motiv Staff
    www.Motivbowling.com
    This Sigma Hybrid is simply amazing. I threw mine last night for a few shots and it was way to much ball for my House shot(bowl on old wood lanes, and didn't really drill it to use there anyways). This ball hooks a lot more than I expected. I drilled it 60 x 4.25 x 40. The ball revs early and makes a big turn and really drives through the pins a lot like the sigma. I would say I was about 5 to 7 boards inside of where I am with my Sig Tour. Overall the Hybrid starts earlier than the Tour and I would say the overall hook is greater also. This is definitely the Sigma Tour's big brother.

PS. I have also drilled another Hybrid at 70 x 5" x 30. This ball gets through the heads a little cleaner and then makes a bigger move on the back end. I really enjoy the versatility this ball gives me. I can play straighter on higher volume patterns or play in once the lanes transition or play drier. A definite piece to have if you want to take your game to the next level.

Justin Howard
    Motiv Staff

www.motivbowling.com
    Motiv Ascent Pearl

The New Motiv Ascent Pearl is the next best thing in entry level performance. Motiv hits another home run with the new Ascent pearl. This is the first low end ball I have ever thrown that does not quit when it gets to the pins. Not only does this ball look amazing and have great shelf appeal, it also performs on the lanes as well. I love how this ball is predictable shot after shot. This ball will provide you with great length and predictable down lane motion. I drilled this ball to utilize its length and then pop on the back end. I used a 50 x 4.5 x 40 layout. I like to use this ball on lighter volume patterns and when I can play the gutter. This ball plays about 5 boards farther out than I can play with the orange recon. It gets down the lane a farther and still makes it to the pocket. Do not be scared of the entry level tag on this ball, as it will fit in the bag for any level of player.

Justin Howard ~ Motiv Staff
    Motiv Ascent Solid

The New Motiv Ascent Solid is the next best thing in entry level performance. Motiv takes entry level performance to an all new level. The Motiv solid for me, drilled 50 x 4 x 60, is great for me on the fresh when I want to play the lanes a little straighter. For me personally the solid is a little longer and a tad weaker than my thrash. It also has a very smooth controlled reaction, and the ball never gets jumpy, even when it gets to the dry, yet will still recover and destroy the pins. The neo mark graphics really pop off of the red and blue shell. This ball is a great compliment to the pearl version. Drilled similar the solid will start a little earlier and hook more overall. When you think of the solid, think smooooth. The reaction and controllability, will make you wonder how we can classify this ball as entry level.

Justin Howard ~ Motiv Staff

Motiv Thrash
    Thrash the Competition!
    The Thrash is a throwback to some of Motiv’s earlier releases. We have brought back our most popular quadfire core and wrapped it in a solid reactive cover. This gives you a predictable yet controllable reaction that you can depend on shot after shot. This is a medium hooking ball with a very strong cover. This allows for the ball to roll early and provides a very smooth reaction down lane. This ball is similar to both the TR2 and the GT1. This ball provides a smooth look on house patterns and rolls very controllable on sports shots as well. I like the cover on this ball because it allows me to play a little straighter on the fresh allowing me to create a good entry angle into the pocket. Overall I would say 3-5 boards stronger than other balls using the quadfire core, and not quite as angular on the backend as the QZ2 Quadfire. One thing I have heard about this ball from observers is how much the like how the white logos really pop off of this ball while watching it explode through the pins.
    Justin Howard
    Motiv Staff
    Motiv Primal Impulse

The first true skid/flip ball by Motiv. The ball has the greatest continuation of any ball that I have ever seen. The ball gets through the pins on every shot. This ball will destroy any house any shot, and is even better when the lanes start to dry out. The cover on this ball is extremely clean through the heads and the ball absolutely unleashes on the back end. Drill this ball with a longer pattern and make it get down the lane and then peel off of the corner, or drill the ball with an earlier layout and watch it become a hook monster, with still being extremely clean through the front. Plus with the new vibrant colors and the bright pink logos, this ball will make you stand out about the rest.

Recommended layouts: 70x3”x30 or 50x5”x30

Justin Howard
    Motiv Staff
    Primal TV4 and TR2: Thrust core combination

For any doubters out there about the hooking potential of the New Motiv Primal TV4, you need not worry. This ball can get back from anywhere on the lanes. I recently drilled up a Primal just for the PBA Shark pattern. I laid this ball out to be strong, read early and then lay off on the back end. The layout was 40 x 4” x 50. Needless to say I had my best regional finishe ever, with a tie for the 3rd and 4th place. On Day 2 when they re-oiled twice during the match play rounds, I had a really good look with the Primal, but it actually started to hook too much in the mid lane. I was actually able to get right on the shark pattern with a TR2. The core in these two pieces is unbelievable. Both of these balls rev hard and just destroy the pins. I hope that Motiv will continue to use this core in the future, as it is becoming one of the greatest cores of all time!
    Not only does this ball look great, but it is another great product from the folks at Motiv. I tried a layout on this ball that I have had a lot of success with on other balls, and this ball out preformed both of the previous balls. I drilled this one at 30x40x4.5" pin(will still need a weight hole). This reaction was very smooth and the ball still broke hard off of the spot. Even if you have the QZ1's this ball is a must have! Great Job Motiv!

Justin Howard
    Motiv Regional Staff

So, it seems every time motiv creates a ball its god's gift to bowling, i'm sorry but if all i saw on motiv products was these reviews i would never even consider the company. lets face it, not every ball is going to be so amazing.

Question, how many people on here actually read motiv ball reviews anymore? (the only exception maybe being motivgirl )
    High Game: 246 (300 soon)
    High Series: 627

In The Bag: DV8 MARAUDER, Brunswick Nexxxus, Brunswick T Zone
    USBC Level I Certified Coach
    Youth Bowling Canada Member

I am a proud member of http://BowlingIntel.com bowling Forums

TONIGHT WE BOWL! DV8 DAMN GOOD BOWLING

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by 75lockwood View Post
    So, it seems every time motiv creates a ball its god's gift to bowling, i'm sorry but if all i saw on motiv products was these reviews i would never even consider the company. lets face it, not every ball is going to be so amazing.

Question, how many people on here actually read motiv ball reviews anymore? (the only exception maybe being motivgirl )
    name one company that doesn't do this. whether its bowling or ANYTHING, for that fact...

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

At least when Motiv Girl does a review it's a believable one. If the ball won't work on a condition she will say so.
    Many companies/spokesperson do sugar coat everything but it's the honest ones that get the loyal following.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

The Motiv Tank, I have to say that this ball really surprised me, I have never owned a urethane ball in my whole bowling career until this one, and I must say, it is a special tool to have. The gear core and the cover actually mix really well, with a true urethane roll, it still hits pretty hard for being what it is, I thought this ball would maybe be my practice tool for getting sharper, but realize that rolls very good on fresh lane conditions, and fighting over under conditions when playing further right. Overall this ball is a really good piece to have on you at all times, it is a fun, yet very effective ball and gets the job done. I look forward to using this ball more and more in the future.

Elliot Ten

Motiv Staff Member

www.motivbowling.com

Chats: 0

I have to agree with Billf. When I read reviews from staff members, I will either just skim/skip it or take it with a huge grain of salt. I'd much rather the average joe's review who is going to be more like me. But every company does it, so not too misplaced. That or they have close friends/family do a review like that so it doesnt say "staff member"