Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have High School Bowling where you live?

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Default Do you have High School Bowling where you live?

If you have High School Bowling, tell us where so we can know and others.
    Go Broncos!

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default High School Bowling

I attend Soddy Daisy High School, and we have had a bowling team for 8 years. However, our results in our latest season were the best in our school's history, as we won district, regional, and sectional events for the very first time. In the past, we had made it to state, but only because we were the runners-up. Having three seniors last year, we lost them all, each of them a starter. One was our team captain, Travis Vaughn, who averaged around 205 for the season. The other, Alex Lain, was awarded with the highest series of the season, 746, and was a HUGE part in our sectional victory, as he shot a 736 series against Smyrna High School, another very talented team, and one his final match by one pin to snatch the victory for us. The other bowler, Mark Pitre, lead us in prayer before each match, and you could never get in his head, he had a very strong mental game. Nevertheless, we hope to work hard and prevail again this season as one of the top schools in Tennessee. My name is Scott Demirjian, and I'll be the captain of Soddy's team this season. I, along with Brandon Watson, will be a senior this year. Last season I was very easily intimidated and my mental game was incredibly unstable, but this season I hope to lead our team through a great season. If you have any questions, please feel more than welcome to ask me, or look us up on CoachT.com. Thanks!

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by SDHS809 View Post
    I attend Soddy Daisy High School, and we have had a bowling team for 8 years. However, our results in our latest season were the best in our school's history, as we won district, regional, and sectional events for the very first time. In the past, we had made it to state, but only because we were the runners-up. Having three seniors last year, we lost them all, each of them a starter. One was our team captain, Travis Vaughn, who averaged around 205 for the season. The other, Alex Lain, was awarded with the highest series of the season, 746, and was a HUGE part in our sectional victory, as he shot a 736 series against Smyrna High School, another very talented team, and one his final match by one pin to snatch the victory for us. The other bowler, Mark Pitre, lead us in prayer before each match, and you could never get in his head, he had a very strong mental game. Nevertheless, we hope to work hard and prevail again this season as one of the top schools in Tennessee. My name is Scott Demirjian, and I'll be the captain of Soddy's team this season. I, along with Brandon Watson, will be a senior this year. Last season I was very easily intimidated and my mental game was incredibly unstable, but this season I hope to lead our team through a great season. If you have any questions, please feel more than welcome to ask me, or look us up on CoachT.com. Thanks!

Wow it seems that you are a very good high school bowler.

Do you have any tips for other high school bowlers?
    Go Broncos!

We dont have high school bowling where i live, allthough i wish they had, because bowling is one of my passions and i'm quite capable

Mack Daddy
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Most of the Springfield, OH high schools have a bowling team. My son used to bowl for them until he had to decide between bowling and pole vaulting in the winter. Alas, he chose to vault. He was a junior at the time and was carrying a 180+.
    There's always one off center in the rack

Info: AVG 206, Stroker, Righty, Gladiator Pearl, Track The Rising, Hammer Rayzr, Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm Reign, PBA Platinum

Wish List-Hammer Jigsaw

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Out here in Phoenix we have about 8 teams and I am a coach for one of the schools
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

What is Bowling?

I attend pine forest high school in north carolina and we have a bowling team. Now I'm a junior there and I've been in the bowling team since I was a freshman and I was the only freshman on the team. There was 1 sophmore and 4 juniors during my freshman year. We did pretty good. We only lost like 2 games overall. I was always starter. Then during my sophmore year we kicked butt. We won the first annual high school championship in north Carolina and we had to go against other schools in the other counties and we were very very happy. Now my junior year: well we didn't do so good since we lost all the seniors from last year. The only good players that I can say that was on the team was myself and this other girl (she was the one sophmore from my freshman year). All the other girls that were on the team didn't know anything about bowling. They just tried out but at least we had a team. This year I came in 4th in the state conference so I'm proud of that (freshman year I placed 6th and sophmore year I placed 5th) so I'm determined my senior to be the most exciting year. I absolutely love bowling
    Last edited by Brocuzzin; 03-30-2009 at 11:46 PM.

I graduated from High School in 2002 and that was the first year they had bowling in our high schools in my area in Washington State. I was on the girls Varsity team all year. They only have girls bowling here!
    High Game: 277
    High Series: 661
    '08-'09 Avg: 175

What is Bowling?

No my high school doesnt have bowling but I wish it did.Does anyone know how to get a program started?I bowl on and off my best game was a 204.Im trying to find a team to bowl on in Charlotte,NC, if anyone knows anything let me know PLEASE

Yes, my son has bowling at his School, Smithsonvalley ISD.
    Matter a fact, San Antonio Madison just won State(Texas) this past weeked or so.
    Don H.
    San Antonio,Texas
    Current Avg. 208 ( April 25,2009 )
    HG: 279
    HS: 762
    Brunswick 1000 Oaks
    Career Highs
    Avg. 213
    300 Game
    802 series
    Global 900 Breaker
    Track Triton Heat