Thread: Boned not once, but twice....

Default Boned not once, but twice....

So I show up borderline late. Get set, one practice ball on each lane.... Line up, first game...front 8, buried stone 7 pin.... something, and something for 266..... Ok, I'm annoyed, try to line up again... little hard time, made a hand position change tried getting it to work....206...it didnt work. Go back to original line, front 9..... stone 9 pin!!, then another!! 278....UGHHH!!! 300 eluded me TWICE last night! 750 series..... Missed the pocket once last night (second game, just threw a bomb) and all but a couple were high flush, nothing left on the deck.....couple were the 10 pin kickers, but otherwise nothing flew high.... was like my angle and speed were perfect for the night

So my question begs...... 9 pin, isnt that left when the ball has rolled out? I sure didnt see it in the reaction, flare was normal, track normal..... what can I do to prevent it? Of course assuming something wasnt simply off spot? Playing stand on ~20, put down ~15, belly to ~8 was walkin right in.... was one of those nights ya could just stroke em......

Chats: 891

when you leave a 9pin if your right handed then your ball did not bounce off the 5pin when it went back but it followed the 5pin instead making you miss the 9pin has happened to me alot if the ball is getting abit to aggressive on the backend.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

As a righty, you leave the 9 pin when you have too strong an angle into the pocket. Taking just a slightly straighter path should fix that, allowing the ball to properly deflect off the 1 pin and 5 pin.

It is usually due to to much angle. It is hard to adjust for cause its not like a corner pin. When it happens it just kinda happens. It also could have been just a pin that was off set a tiny bit. Corner pins are easy to adjust for, 8 and 9 are not. If you are on a string and the 9 is the last one to fall, you might want to make a small hand adjustment. Other than that, just let em fly!!!
    good luck
    Rowl Rite Staff www.bowlerx.com Staff
    300 2 this season 29 total -800 1 this season 25 total
    10-11 #1 Ranked male NCABA 11-12 #2 Ranked male NCABA
    "Respect the skill, not which hand it is thrown with."

Chats: 4

As some of the others have said your ball is going along
    with the 5 pin and not going off of the pin deck where it
    should be it should go off right on top of where the 9 pin
    would be.

The only thing you can do about that is just chalk it up to
    throwing a good ball that just didn't carry because it was
    maybe a little bit to aggressive when hitting the pocket.

I have lost out on many 300 games because of those pesky
    8 and 9 pins standing there looking at you after throwing
    what looked to be a perfect shot.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Banned
    Chats: 68

The usual case for a 9 pin when everything else looks correct is the ball hits slightly higher than perfect.
    The headpin instead of following the 2 pin towards the 7 pin deflects off the 2 pin and into the 5 pin.
    This causes the 5 pin to be in a different location (when the ball makes contact) having a negative effect (i.e. not enough) on the balls deflection.

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

Some of the replys baffel me. For me personally, if I get a ringing 10 I didn't have enough angle. A stone 10 to much angle. I don't normally adjust unless I do 2 in a row. Oh silly me, this is about 9 pins not 10's. I should read the thread because I don't know the answers.
    Last edited by GoodGorilla; 06-05-2013 at 02:54 PM.