Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's in texas?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 67

Default What's in texas?

PHP Code:
    [quote=wolfgirl1980]what kinds of things are there to do in texas like are there nice beacheswhat about rodeos, and western showsare there flea marketsis there lots of historical places to visitIs there a lot of places to fish? (piers and deep sea boat chartersis there horse back riding thereIs there alot of putt putt places there or go cart tracksIs there a six flags there or any other kind of theme park there? Do they have an aquarium thereWhat about a gator farmAny seafood places (seafood buffet's)? Any good oriental food buffet'sWell the final question i already know the answer too is if they have a hockey team and yes they do the dallas stars formerly known as the northern stars i thinkfrom mn. For one i never been to a hockey game we don't have a team in kentucky i wish we did and i always wanted to see a game ever since i seen the mighty ducks i used to wanna play hockey but i am not a strong skater and i don't even know how to stop on ice and i can't even get up once i have fallen down unless i crawl over to the side next to the gate or railing. So let me know get me a brochure's worth of info on texas are there any real live cattle drive's that people can go on and take cattle back and forth from one place to another?[/quote] 
    wolfgirl, i will research this info and get it back to you in a heart beat! I am almost positive i can find every item on your list and then some. answer to this is in blogs
    Last edited by Judy clemons; 05-03-2013 at 02:42 AM.
    JUDY / JUDY / JUDY...5/24/13 BOWLING RECORD AMF EULESS LANES HG 216 / HS 535
    PIN PALS, "PLEASE, " SPARE ME SOME STRIKES !!!
    I AM A HAPPY...BLESSED...PROUD...MEMBER...BOWLINGBOARDS.C OM

Chats: 19

Heat. Lots, and lots of heat and humidity is in Texas. Not much else...
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Blog Entries

HEY, now you got a cold front. cold cold cold

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    Heat. Lots, and lots of heat and humidity is in Texas. Not much else...

Correct on the humidity, but they have lots of nice, courteous, and friendly people, and most of them know how to drive sanely.

Chats: 22

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Correct on the humidity, but they have lots of nice, courteous, and friendly people, and most of them know how to drive sanely.
    The drivers here scare me. The tailgating while doing 75MPH freaks me out.
    "If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?" - Steven Wright

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by panbanger View Post
    The drivers here scare me. The tailgating while doing 75MPH freaks me out.
    Those tailgaters are just people from CT, NY, & MA who moved down there with their jobs. They're condition to drive the exact same speed as the car ahead while following at 1/2 car length. I'm sure the natives are perfectly safe drivers.
    John

Chats: 0

steers and queers

Chats: 55

[QUOTE=J Anderson;84244]Those tailgaters are just people from CT, NY, & MA who moved down there with their jobs. They're condition to drive the exact same speed as the car ahead while following at 1/2 car length. I'm sure the natives are perfectly safe drivers.[/QUOTE

You forgot AZ, CA, and NV.

Panbanger - I guess the Dallas area is somewhat like Phoenix, crazy drivers. Most of my time in Texas was the panhandle and when we drove to the coast (Corpus) all the slow drivers moved over for you to pass - but I guess that was years past. Nowadays, everyone has to hurry up and do something, even if it's wait in line at the next traffic light.

Blog Entries

oh, that's actually the hurry up and go ... no where groups!

Chats: 19

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Those tailgaters are just people from CT, NY, & MA who moved down there with their jobs. They're condition to drive the exact same speed as the car ahead while following at 1/2 car length. I'm sure the natives are perfectly safe drivers.
    Nah... Those drivers from the north are fine because they KNOW how to drive. Even if the style is slightly more aggressive, it's very give and take, and it works.

The natives are sunday drivers, who rarely move with a purpose, don't know how to merge (entrance ramps are meant to get up to speed! Merging at 20mph will never go well!), and just generally don't pay any attention. In the state of Texas, it's wise for anyone exiting the highway to yield to the, "service road," because the, "service road," has a yield sign, but the Texas literacy rate appears to be woeful if driving is any indication.

And then there's, "Bubba." Bubba likes to drive his pickup truck (which he only owns so he can feel like a man and ruin the environment. He doesn't necessarily know why the environment must be ruined, but he believes it's the liberal media who wants us to think saving it is a good thing, so ruining it is the obvious course of action that must be taken. 10 miles to the gallon? Far too good for gas mileage!) as fast as he can because he saw it once on nascar... He never even considers a blinker, no matter the circumstance, and is often found driving using his wrist, keeping his hand dangling in front of the steering wheel (I guess that looks cool...?) and spitting into a dip cup in the other hand. Bubba often uses bumper stickers and decals to show his beliefs on the back of his truck. While annoying, and dangerous, Bubba should never be honked at or approached because he probably has about 20 guns in that truck to further compensate a lack of manliness...

Driving in Texas is very dangerous. It drives me nuts. Makes me want to get a car with a meaner sounding horn because import sedan horns aren't cutting it, and I need it often! hahahahaha.

Alright, I'm done ranting... LEARN TO DRIVE!!!!!
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast