Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sandbaggers

Default Sandbaggers

Wow! We compared league sheets from the end of spring league and the first week of fall league.

Holy Sandbaggers Batman!!

J.C. Spring high game/series 237/600 ave 171. Fall 1st week ave. 139. Huh?
    B.S. Spring high game/series 224/601 ave. 169. Fall 1st week ave. 122. Whaaat?
    K.B. Spring high games/series 212/588 ave. 164. Fall 1st week ave. 139. Say again?

The last two guys are on the same team and won the league spring and summer.

I have to give these guys pins?
    Last edited by Bunny; 09-21-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

It does seem suspicious since at least two of them bowled over the summer. Back in the days when your average league bowler put his ball in the closet for the summer and didn't think about bowling until the reminder that the league was starting again is September it was normal to see a lot of rust the first week. Normally guys who didn't bowl in the summer would shoot 15-30 total pins under their average for the night. Usually it was either a really bad first game or the ball feeling like it weighed 20 pounds by the third game.

I admit there are nights when I'm 30 under for each game but I usually save those for position nights
    John

Chats: 243

Its possible or maybe they just had a bad night.

i averaged 175 the end of my last league and the first night of my current one i average 120 i think.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Quote Originally Posted by e-tank View Post
    Its possible or maybe they just had a bad night.

i averaged 175 the end of my last league and the first night of my current one i average 120 i think.

Nope. I bowled with these guys. You don't bowl 600 series by accident.

And, keep in mind that Spring league's averages include their Sandbag scores from the first week of that league. (To bring a 122 average up to a 169 in 9 weeks you'd have to average something like over 200 a game, hence the 600 series.)

If anyone should be rusty it's me, and my league average went up 20 pins!

If it was a Vegas league I'd be contacting Burkhalter and they could just un-post it!!
    Last edited by Bunny; 09-22-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Chats: 256

Does your league not use the prior season average or the book average for the first few weeks of league? If not, perhaps your league should institute that rule next time. That helps keep sandbaggers to a minimum.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I bowled all summer. My first two weeks of my SCRATCH league I didn't break 600. The last three weeks of summer league I wasn't under 800. Somehow my timing and release just left. Luckily they are now back from vacation as I shot four 700+ series last week.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Does your league not use the prior season average or the book average for the first few weeks of league? If not, perhaps your league should institute that rule next time. That helps keep sandbaggers to a minimum.
    That makes sense.

Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Bill bowling god, you need to CHECK THIS OUT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    I bowled all summer. My first two weeks of my SCRATCH league I didn't break 600. The last three weeks of summer league I wasn't under 800. Somehow my timing and release just left. Luckily they are now back from vacation as I shot four 700+ series last week.
    something doesn't add up here Bill?? I went to bowling awards com, like a do on many occasions to check up on Jason, THE REAL DEAL Jason! with 5 sanctioned 300, and now two 800s! But Bill they must have made a huge mistake, It has your name, Bill H Freitas, Sidney Oh, and your ID #1901-2857, also that you are a bronze coach, but NO 300's, no 800s, and your average for the last 6 years around 167???????

If I were you I would call them, they have a phone number, and email address to fix this error! Wow,,, I would be UPSET, if they messed my averages up that bad!!!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 09-23-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I admit there are nights when I'm 30 under for each game but I usually save those for position nights
    Umm. Isn't that sandbagging?

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Umm. Isn't that sandbagging?
    J Anderson was being facetious. He "saves" the off nights for when they really count on position round.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast