Thread: Summer League (Have a ball League)

Blog Entries
    Chats: 5

Default Summer League (Have a ball League)

Well summer league has started and I was pretty excited. Still trying to decide which ball I want to get between the Storm Sync or IQ Pearl. My first game though was unexpected as I scored a 233! My highest game ever so far. My second game wasn't as good with only a 154, but I was hoping to get my first 600 series and I needed a 213 for my 3rd game, but I think I still bowled well with a 171. Now the pressure is on as my average is a 186 starting next week! I actually bowled that 233 with my Mass Eruption because during warm-ups I saw that my Brutal Nightmare was turning too soon, though I ended up going back to Brutal Nightmare by the 3rd game. Good opening night though.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com
    In the bag: Columbia 300 Mass Eruption (strike ball), DV8 Zombie (spare)
    High game: 233 High series: 578

Blog Entries

Any suggestions on which ball I should go for? Sync or Pearl? Also they have the Freak'n Frantic...looks like a good ball. Trying to decide by next Thursday.

I think the IQ Tour Pearl would be the way to go.

But I don't know your game, or your style, so it's hard to judge.
    220/300x4/761

I only throw a hyroad

Blog Entries

Thanks! I consider myself more of a stroker, but I know my release has changed since I've started 6 months ago. I probably should record myself again.

Chats: 0

I don't know of anyone with the new sync but I can tell you that in our 32 team league there are many IQ tour pearls. I've talked to several of the guys and they all love them. One guy told me it was the best ball he's ever owned. Wouldn't mind trying one myself.
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

Blog Entries

I'm definitely leaning more towards the pearl, but I'm curious to how people can tell their equipment apart? My teammates also want the pearl.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by jbeck View Post
    I'm definitely leaning more towards the pearl, but I'm curious to how people can tell their equipment apart? My teammates also want the pearl.
    Back in the dark ages, pro shops would engrave your first name or your initials on the ball, either for free or at a nominal cost. My local shop now refuses to do it except for kids and very obstinate adults. I think they do try to vary the color combinations of slugs and grips but there are only so many combinations to use. Most of the time you'll know if you've picked up the wrong ball as soon as you put your fingers in it.
    John

I would go with the IQ tour Pearl.

That should fall nicely between your Brutal Nightmare and the Eruption depending on drilling and surface Prep.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

IQ Tour Pearl gets my vote also. You already have a big oil monster, no need for two at this point.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 0

From what I've sen and heard, the IQ tour Pearl is very predictable. The guy's I've talked with know exactly what to expect of the ball after just shooting a few games. In my mind that's a great ball to have in your arsenal. I try to have all of my balls do the same thing so I know when I do have to change, I know where I have to set my feet and where I have to target. Consistency is a huge part of the game and if you can get to the point where you pretty much know what each ball will give you for a reaction, you'll have a huge advantage.
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."