Thread: Started at the GYM!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Started at the GYM!

Well my girlfriend and I started at the GYM today.

Her and I have been walking everyday for about 2 months.I'm averaging 6 miles a day, I lost 15 pound last month. So we went down to "The Local Gym"(24/7) they had a deal $20 a month. See it here: http://thelocalgym.com/

Had a free session with the personal trainer, we did the treadmill and worked with the 10# kettlebell and 15# exercise ball and did some exercises like the "Upper-Body Step-Up" and the "Plank".

Had a good sweat and my thighs are a little sore.

Looking to loose the weight and tone up some.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 243

Nice work! Keep it up!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Blog Entries
    Chats: 67

geez... i wish I had your energy ...how bout sending it this way? lol
    no just kidding. i am impressed with your motivation and level of energy both though
    congratulations to you both keep up the nice work outs
    JUDY / JUDY / JUDY...5/24/13 BOWLING RECORD AMF EULESS LANES HG 216 / HS 535
    PIN PALS, "PLEASE, " SPARE ME SOME STRIKES !!!
    I AM A HAPPY...BLESSED...PROUD...MEMBER...BOWLINGBOARDS.C OM

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Thanks Hope it helps with my bowling, be able to get lower. The walking should, bowling is in the legs.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 256

Awesome and congrats on your weight loss. Wife and I arfe getting a treadmill for home so we can get our work out going again. Used to run but laziness, holidays and busy life always got in the way. No excuses with the treadmill at home, will get some good use out of it.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Congratulations on the weight loss. Stick to exercising and you will add many more years of bowling to your life.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

The advice I give all the folks I train with: What ever you do, be consistent and patient. It took you a lifetime to get in the shape you are in now, don't expect results overnight. Keep working at it and never give up.

Oh, and for the meat heads out there: Lift heavy, lift hard, lift all the time and eat twice as much protein as you are eating now!!!!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

The rule of thumb use to be one gram of protein for every pound of bodyweight. As a teen I translated that to one gram for every pound I wanted to weigh. Lots of chicken, fish and protein shakes. Also cutting carbs will give you great results. You may feel tired the first couple of weeks but after that your energy levels will be increased.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

I know it helped me 1000 percent~~ I would be in real deep sh#t, if I were not working out 3 to 4 times a week. I lost 70 lbs... and feel better then I have for years. It took 3 years to perfect my body! So "Stick WITH IT, and DON"T slack off"!! It will pay you back in spades!! I work out at a fantastic YMCA not far from my house! GOOD LUCK!! Steam/Sauna, and whirlpool have their place also, and have huge health benefits! Take a picture of yourselfs NOW,,,, then every month! You will be surprised at the difference.
    REMEMBER its not a Quick Fix! It took time to get where your at, and its going to take time to get where your going!! GOOD FOR YOU!

You will be able to get lower, and have less pain in my case! NOTHING like exercise for the Human Body, even super hero's! LOL