Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: BCS declares Germany winner of WWII

  1. #1
    Cranker ArtVandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    North Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    Chats: 19

    Default BCS declares Germany winner of WWII

    The BCS declares Germany winner of World War II, and the United States ranked 4th.

    After determining the Big-12 championship game participants the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

    "Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing on into conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking."

    Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories-- Japan and Germany . The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a single, equally-weighted event."

    German Chancellor Adolph Hiter said "Yes, we lost to the US ; but we defeated #2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Herr Hitler has been criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn 'style points' to enhance Germany 's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with Poland was in doubt until the final day and the conditions in Norway were incredibly challenging and demanded the application of additional forces."

    The French ranking has also come under scrutiny. The BCS commented " France had a single loss against Germany and following a preseason #1 ranking they only fell to #2."

    Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the Philippines.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

    Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

  2. #2
    Cranker comfortably numb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    on the earth
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 2


    Obviously, for 95% of Americans, the BCS is a complete joke. The only people who like it are the people getting rich off the bowl games every year, the 2 teams picked for the National Championship game, and the ignorant, brainwashed remainder of that 5%. The ONLY way we will get the playoff system we want and need is for there to be, for two consecutive years, 4 or 5 undefeated teams at the end, with each one from a major conference (or Boise State or Notre Dame). The public outcry about who gets left out of the Championship game will be so great that change will take place!
    What is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal.

  3. #3


    No matter the formula or public perception, the only way a true national champion will ever be decided is with a playoff consisting of more than 4 teams. With the new playoff format, there will still be people who complain.

  4. #4
    Bowler jimlc2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Monterey, CA
    Chats: 2


    I think 4 teams is enough for the playoff. Honestly, when did you think the #5 ranked team was the best? In the NFL, the wildcard might win the Super Bowl...but were they really the best team during the season? Or did they get healthy and gel at the right time? The same can be said for the other sports--hockey just had the Kings win the Stanley Cup as an 8th seed. The Cardinals won the World Series as a wild card.
    Bowling - it's easy when you understand all the physics beneath the surface.
    High game - 300
    High league game - 290 x3
    High series - 802

  5. #5


    Four is enough, but this is American College football, people are going to bicker and complain that "so & so University lost to so & so State, State should be in there!" no matter what.

Similar Threads

  1. Eight-time gold medal winner Michael Phelps made an appearance at Bowlmor Lanes...
    By Bowling RSS Member in forum Articles and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 05:00 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts