Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tornados :/

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

During Hurricane/Superstorm Sandy, AMF Smithtown, about 5 miles from my house, had the roof cave in. I thought that was bad, until I heard, and now saw the result of these tornadoes. Obviously the loss of life, and homes, and ruined lives out weights the damage to a bowling alley. My heart goes out to everyone in that area affected by the storms.
    Trying not to suck, one day at a time.

Chats: 891

this is probably the worse thing to ever happen the deaths from this tornado is still being aired here in Canada and every time i watch the numbers keep going up because i hear a school got hit today on the news and at first they said only 27 kids died and this was in the morning and around 5pm i then heard that the number changed from 27 to 91 hope it dose not go any higher.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Chats: 1

Yep it sucks I have been in many bad ones here in Oklahoma but not one was as evil as this one :/

The official report is only 24 fatalities. Supposedly, the downed communications compounded the numbers unrealistically. Of those, about 7 were children at the school. There was about $2 billion in damages. There is poor cell service, no gas, electric, and water was out for some time after the tornado hit.

Things are gradually rebuilding already. They are getting electricity back up asap. Water has mostly been restored. 2 looters have been arrested already. The Moore Warren theater plans to be back up and running on Wednesday, May 29th. Things will come around.

The bowling alley is an unfortunate loss, but the entire staff was evacuated before the storm hit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22607927
    Current Arsenal: Brunswick and Radical Bowling Balls (too many to list)
    Highest 13-14 Avg: ---H -- Highest 12-13 Avg: 155S 198H -- Highest 11-12 Avg: 180H
    Highest Sanctioned Game: 279 -- Highest Sanctioned Series: 798
    Spec Sheet

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

From what I saw the loss of the alley won't be a big problem. There was a pic on FB with the pins still standing, except the 7 pin. The last thing the bowling community needs is another lefty house. I mean, the 7 fell without a ball even being thrown.

Whether from natural causes, natural disaster or a bullet from a sniper, the loss of life is never a good thing for those left behind.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 19

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Whether from natural causes, natural disaster or a bullet from a sniper, the loss of life is never a good thing for those left behind.
    Bill, that comment is something that I struggle with. I almost had a feeling of relief after the death reports, and that makes me sick to my stomach. After all the recent events (from Sandy Hook, to the Boston Marathon, to the Mothers Day shootings), it's almost relieving to know this wasn't something that was evil. It was just the weather.

I'm serious. There's almost a sense of relief, and some solace in knowing these deaths weren't senseless crimes against humanity. Are we really living in this kind of world? Shameful...
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

I don't know about you but I live in Oklahoma and tornados feel evil as ****! I know it's just nature and that might feel like a releaf to you. But death is death from a person or a thing. I know you mean well and I'm not upset I love every one here.

Chats: 256

How about that latest round of Tornados in OKC area. My brother lives just east of OKC and left his house before they hit to get out of the path. He drove around for 5 hours that evening because the storms just kept building and building and building. The Tornado went just off of 240 near Tinker AFB and that was about 2 miles from my brothers place. Been a string of close calls that began with the Shawnee storm, then Moore and now this latest ones that caused damage in El Reno.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

I know right it's been Nuts here. The temps dropped way low last night. I hope the bad stroms are over we still need some rain in the state due to the lack of rain 2 years in a row but this tornado/flooding/Highwinds can go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12