Thread: Women's Dexter SST8s

Chats: 55

Default Women's Dexter SST8s

FYI Ladies that like purple. Proshop guy says Dexter SST8s will be released in purple/black in about 1-1/2 to 2 months.

Yeah! I'm waiting 'til they get here to buy a pair instead of the getting the red today.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 67

what is sooo special about this brand of bowling shoes?
    JUDY / JUDY / JUDY...5/24/13 BOWLING RECORD AMF EULESS LANES HG 216 / HS 535
    PIN PALS, "PLEASE, " SPARE ME SOME STRIKES !!!
    I AM A HAPPY...BLESSED...PROUD...MEMBER...BOWLINGBOARDS.C OM

Dexter makes the best bowling shoe around...imho.

The SST8s have interchangeable soles and heels, so you can get the same slide no matter what the approach condition is.

I bowl in one house in morning and the approaches are normally very slick (to my liking) except when they leave the air and fans off during the humid summer and then they are really sticky. The other house I bowl at in the evening, and you never know how clean those are gonna be...you can fall on your butt or stand on your nose. It's frustrating, especially during this time of my bowling that I am changing my stance and footwork. So I want the interchangeable really, really, badly. But I will wait for the purple over taking the red now! Such priorities...LOL.

Chats: 3

If you tend to drag the toe of your drive foot (the non-sliding foot), I would recommend against the SST8. The toe of the grip sole is continually flopping loose after only a few uses. I've been trying to contact Dexter to get some relief. They created a Powerstep accessory to clamp over the toe, but ... it's another $40 and just plain ugly. If I ever hear back from Dexter, I will let you know their solution, but I caution you against the SST8 if you tend to drag your toe. Best wishes!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by GoKidd View Post
    If you tend to drag the toe of your drive foot (the non-sliding foot), I would recommend against the SST8. The toe of the grip sole is continually flopping loose after only a few uses. I've been trying to contact Dexter to get some relief. They created a Powerstep accessory to clamp over the toe, but ... it's another $40 and just plain ugly. If I ever hear back from Dexter, I will let you know their solution, but I caution you against the SST8 if you tend to drag your toe. Best wishes!
    I only ruined one grip sole like that. Since then I make sure that when I put the soles on I keep the sole about a 16th of an inch back from the edge.
    John

Thanks for the feedback...I will certainly watch for this. I tend to drag my toe more on the top of my shoe so hopefully that won't be an issue. Still gonna buy a pair!

I recently picked up a pair (yes, I'm a guy, get over it haha). They're nice and my fiancée and I have similar taste and (more importantly) wear the same shoe size.

I used to have a bad toe drag problem (finally fixed it through a little modification of my form), so I felt comfortable getting them.

The only complaint I have with them is that the sole of the shoe itself (not the detachable portion) doesn't entirely feel rock-solid.