Thread: True Blood by Hammer released today, is anyone else excited?!

Chats: 0

Default True Blood by Hammer released today, is anyone else excited?!

I just had to say that I am very excited for the release of the Hammer True Blood spare ball! This will be my very first spare ball and I cannot wait to order it and try it! I love the colors and am a little bit geeky over the fact that it's called the True Blood. Yes I am a fan of the HBO show. I have been eying the Zombie Spare ball by DV8 for awhile too, but when I found out about the True Blood I had to wait for it. I love the fact that it will have something other than the pancake weight in it! I know Hammer is pretty good for that, given the Taboo Spare they make. Here's hoping I made the right choice. Of course it is a spare ball so it just has to hit that tricky 7 pin I constantly leave up!

Chats: 17

I personally would not consider it for a spare ball as I know it would hook on me.. I need a spare that goes straight no matter what it looks like (esp for the 10 pins). The Tzone works for me. True Blood looks like it would serve better as a main ball for "very dry lanes". According to the page on bowlingball.com, :

The True Blood uses the First Blood core in 14-16# weights, but has a standard pancake weight-block in 12# and 13# weights.
    So I guess it would depend on what weight you buy..
    Last edited by bowlerRob2; 05-29-2013 at 10:16 AM. Reason: added stuff

SandBagger

I'm not sure why anyone would NEED a ball without a pancake weight block in it if all they want to do is pick up corner pins. Like bowlerRob2, I think it would be a dry lane strike ball for some people. If it's for nothing but corner pins, then it's likely just an expensive spare ball that may tail on you (depending on your rotation and speed). I have enough trouble with my T-Zone hooking too much at times, so I definitely wouldn't want anything with a core in it for spares.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

It looks like you are a fan of The Doctor! (The phone booth),,, your avatar,,,, ?

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    It looks like you are a fan of The Doctor! (The phone booth),,, your avatar,,,, ?
    Or is it the Master pretending to be the Doctor?
    John

Or is it the Master pretending to be the Doctor?
    Haha! I love it. Yes I do have a slight obsession with Doctor Who. :-P

But about the ball... I personally like the idea of a spare ball that has a more detailed core, because I like the idea of the versatility of it. What I envision and have heard about other spare balls as such, is that it has the capability to shoot straight because of the coverstock AND the capability to shoot with some track flare because of the core, depending on the way it is thrown. I am sure that the reaction will differ based on my throw and drilling pattern. I definitely do not claim to know it all about bowling, or even be all that good at it. I bowl for fun and I like testing out the new technologies the bowling companies come out with. I am hoping the True Blood will work out the way I am reading that it does, which is good for spares if shooting straight and still hits hard and with some hook when the lanes dry up. My thought is that I am getting a ball that can be used for spares and for later in my 2nd or 3rd games.