Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T o o d l e s

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by scottymoney View Post
    So Bill, you are not only blind but also deaf? Can you taste anything?
    Scott, that's almost funny lol
    The eyesight issues came later. The others are all service related including 10% hearing loss (selective hearing is genetic) and a loss of smell which affects taste buds. Strong smells I can smell but not the subtle ones. Helps with the wife's cooking
    The VA said it was due to being at the oil well fires but there was a CIA document that said it was from when some idiot decided to blow up the chemical weapons taken from the Iraqis. The 30,000+ servicemen who were down wind were effectively gassed by our own people. It's the suspected culprit that has caused over 20 of the 29 of us that were together to die from brain cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampabaybob View Post
    Bills' got more issues than you can count, I think. He's like a walking Medical encyclopedia !!
    Bob, I don't think I'm as bad as Michael. There are plenty of people worse off and it's nothing yet that I can't live with. Hope you were including the mental side too
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by JPbowl View Post
    Keep your eyes on the lane, Theres a couple of 180-200 bowlers that i know who look around WAAAAAAAY too much.
    When im waiting for someone next to me i may rest my foot on the ledge of where the approach starts and have been asked to move my foot.
    Now why are they focused looking behind themselves and down at my feet? no friggin clue.
    I have a friend who has the same issue with other peoples' feet. He claims that its because there are a couple older bowlers in the league don't always observe lane courtesy so when he sees a foot on the back of the approach he's afraid that someones about step up, grab a ball an go while he's about to start his approach. Again one of those times when I am so tempted to rest my foot up there any time he's next to my lane.
    John

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by JPbowl View Post
    Keep your eyes on the lane, Theres a couple of 180-200 bowlers that i know who look around WAAAAAAAY too much.
    When im waiting for someone next to me i may rest my foot on the ledge of where the approach starts and have been asked to move my foot.
    Now why are they focused looking behind themselves and down at my feet? no friggin clue.
    I always do this...I've never been told it was an issue, tho. I try and be aware of some of the guys that use all of the approach and not lean over to get my ball or anything that I thought might be distracting. Wonder if I should try and stop this...could be a hard habit to break as I tend to use that time to make sure my left foot is going to slide?
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Chats: 0

I'm not sure if they still do this, but when I was shooting PBA regional tournaments, the rule was..... you give 2 lane courtesy on BOTH sides. You know how frustrating that is to wait for 4 lanes? I hated it. It took forever to shoot a single game, and boy if you dared step up on the approach when someone two lanes away was up, you'd get a look that would kill.
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Tampabaybob View Post
    I'm not sure if they still do this, but when I was shooting PBA regional tournaments, the rule was..... you give 2 lane courtesy on BOTH sides. You know how frustrating that is to wait for 4 lanes? I hated it. It took forever to shoot a single game, and boy if you dared step up on the approach when someone two lanes away was up, you'd get a look that would kill.
    The rule currently reads..."17.4 Lane Courtesy and Double Jumping. Competitors must observe one (1) pair lane courtesy at all times. Competitors may not "Double Jump." Double jumping occurs following a delivery when a competitor on the same pair delivers his or her ball before one (1) competitor from the pair to the right and one (1) competitor from the pair to the left have made a delivery, unless those competitors are not ready to bowl or they give way."

If this is done correctly, it does speed the game up with giving lots of courtesy (or as some of the x-players say-it really works well if you are striking, but spare shooting takes forever)...will never make it to the leagues, at least in Phoenix. Maybe some of the scratch leagues would adopt this, but it is getting harder and harder to find those around here.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123