Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinion on Loading Roller Bag

Chats: 55

Default Opinion on Loading Roller Bag

I have agreed with myself to step up my game - but have agreed with hubby not to go overboard.

The compromise, with the blessing of my coach, is to build a 3 ball arsenal - 2 strike balls and a spare ball.

Here's my dilemma...

I've been looking at new roller bags. I really like the Elite Dimension 3-ball roller. I understand this will weigh about 50 lbs. While I don't feel I would have any trouble loading the bag into the back of my Traverse, I am unsure if I would be able to lift it straight up to stand up behind the seat of the Silverado pickup. Hubby has recommended a 4-ball roller as it comes apart as 2 and 2. I believe it would be just as hard to stack the second bag on top of the first one after loading into the back seat area of the pickup. That maybe my "excuse" as I am just not seeing any 4-ball rollers that I like.

Those of you with 3 and 4 ball rollers...can you give me any insight as to how I will be able to maneuver either type of bag. All opinions welcome.

Ive got the rotogrip 4 ball roller. 3 in main 1 in front. very stable with 3 i. there but with the forth it becomes a little tipsy.. for 100bucks it was a good deal

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

I like my setup. I have a 2-ball roller (Columbia) that's nice and sturdy. I have a 1-ball carry that I set on top of the roller, which essentially turns it into a 3-ball roller except that I can easily lift one off whenever I want. It also means that if I only feel like bringing two bowling balls with me that I can leave it behind with no problem. If I want a fourth, I just carry it in my other hand.

Chats: 0

I have a 4-ball with a 5th additional bag that goes on the handle. It's stable, but VERY heavy to lift out of the car. What I've learned is to unload 3 balls in the trunk, lift it out, then put them back in the bag. Once in the bag, it's just rolling it around which is easy. I passed this tip on to several other smaller women and folks on my league and now I've got them all doing it. No need to muscle a heavy bag.

Chats: 256

Ive got the Storm Streamline 4 ball roller that has 2 on bottom and a detachable 2 ball bag on top. Works great to travel with. Can easily put top of it in trunk and then put bottom next to it. Only lifting 2 balls at a time with this bag.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 19

Yeah, you might consider a 2 ball roller, and buy something like this for the 3rd ball: http://www.bowlingball.com/products/...l#!prettyPhoto

I used to do that, and it works fine. I just wanted a bigger bag for more storage area, so I bought a 3 ball roller.

The add-on I had was made by hammer and had a clip so it was super easy to attach and detach. I think some of those bags slip over the handle. I'm not sure I would like that option as much, but either one might give you the flexibility you want.
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I have the Roto-Grip 4 ball roller with the two balls on the bottom and two on the top. With the detachable feature picking it up hasn't been a problem. What has been is our small center. With the wheels set so that the bag rolls two balls wide, moving through the alley gets cumbersome. Personally, I'm saving to convert to two 3-ball rollers.

My teammate, Derrick, has the 3-ball roller and likes it. Both of our bags are Roto-Grip and very well made holding up well now being about 5 years old.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries
    Chats: 6

I've been using a 3 ball roller, combined with a single ball bag that I use the shoulder strap. Started with a Rotogrip 3 ball tote, it fell apart after two years. I upgraded to a DV8 3 ball roller and I love it. Big wheels so it rolls smooth, built very well. It's surprisingly easy to handle despite it's size and weight. It has handles everywhere you need them. Next up for me is dumping my old single ball bag and buying a DV8 single ball bag to replace it.
    Last edited by RoccoRock; 05-18-2013 at 10:50 PM.
    Trying not to suck, one day at a time.

Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by TCJ View Post
    I like my setup. I have a 2-ball roller (Columbia) that's nice and sturdy. I have a 1-ball carry that I set on top of the roller, which essentially turns it into a 3-ball roller except that I can easily lift one off whenever I want. It also means that if I only feel like bringing two bowling balls with me that I can leave it behind with no problem. If I want a fourth, I just carry it in my other hand.
    This will be the easiest method and lightest to handle. Divide it up works.

Chats: 891

i got a (storm triple tournament deluxe tote) its a 3 ball bag it has wheels on it for rolling and i got 3 15lb balls in it and my mom who can barly lift much and roll the bag around easly and it has 2 lifting handles on both ends so it makes it easier to lift the bag, the bag also comes with a pouch to put your shoes on witch attaches right to the bag and a supply pouch that you can put stuff in like tape,grip sack, brush, and on and it just like the shoe bag attaches right to the bag with Velcro.

when you go to the lanes with the bag you take it right out and it can easily slid right under the seats so its not in the way. i bought 2 of these and they only costed me $100 each here in Canada.

i got a 2 ball tote and just carrying that thing around for a minute is heavy with 2 15lb balls but with the storm triple tournament deluxe tote i can carry 3 15lb balls around for longer with the lifting handles on the ends makes it feel like there is only 1 ball in the bag.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast