Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Better than expected! :)

Chats: 30

123/112/83

A few more of these and I can put double digit averages behind me!!!

Complete change up in approach (and I'll explain else thread) ... not bad first time out with the new approach style (though I did do drills at home for it)

98/124/102

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    check out www.bowlingknowledge.info
    there is great info there from a great coach. Maybe some of it will kick start your game for you.
    Couldn't edit my other post with my scores so.....

I went out to the website and started looking around and started with the absolute most fundamental thing I could think of - that being my approach. I used to throw a 4-step approach but since I'm in that whole "well I'm still learning" phase, I threw ill to the wind and followed 5-step approach drill and did it over and over and over again at home. Nothing fancy, just drilled on the 5 step, which was new for me.

After adjusting for the extra step and starting much further back (apparently I was cutting myself way short on a 4 step approach), I was much more impressed with my consistency, after I saw how this worked with my release and the fact that I was getting comfortably behind the ball, until wrist fatigue started setting in and I found myself releasing from the top of the ball instead of behind it.
    As I got the cadence of the 5 step approach down, it also became very very comfortable to me (I have no idea why I wasn't doing this before).

Needless to say, while I blew the back half of my second game, opening with a turkey was a new experience

I switched to the lighter ball I have (my 12 lb Path) at the end of the 2nd game, got used to that and ended up finish the third with a 102.

Happy clam

106/147/103

The 147 is my highest ever. It was also the only game I bowled completely tonight with "Dippy" =)

118 average.

109 - practice w/ coach

140/137/117 - 131 ave

100 - tired but so didn't want to stop throwing =)

Chats: 0

You're steadily improving, so now 's the time to think about what you've done during those good games and what the difference was on the not so good games. Bowling is a learning experience game by game. Keep your accuracy sharp, your focus clear, be relaxed and you'll see those scores start to creep up. Keep it going.
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

Different lane tonight and blew it....

114/65/105/120

And yes, that is 65... I don't know what happened. Was getting frustrated and didn't know how to turn off the voices inside my head to go back to what I had just worked with so well the day before.

125/110/87

Not bad for coming back to the lanes after not being there since last week. On-Call at work will do that to ya!

Chats: 0

Donna, I'm not sure what your coach is having you work on, but here's a suggestion. Upload a video here (second opinion) and let Bill and I take a look at it. Between the two of us alone you have probably 70 years of experience. I'd be happy to look at it for you, give you my 2 cents, and if nothing else you can ask your coach what he thinks about what I comment on. 2nd opinions never hurt. I may be able to pick up on something he isn't seeing or telling you about yet and that might just be enough to say goodbye to those double digits forever. If you decide to do that, have someone shoot about 4 or 5 frames from behind and at least 2 -3 from your bowling side. I'll be glad to look it over and offer some suggestions.
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Tampabaybob View Post
    Donna, I'm not sure what your coach is having you work on, but here's a suggestion. Upload a video here (second opinion) and let Bill and I take a look at it. Between the two of us alone you have probably 70 years of experience. I'd be happy to look at it for you, give you my 2 cents, and if nothing else you can ask your coach what he thinks about what I comment on. 2nd opinions never hurt. I may be able to pick up on something he isn't seeing or telling you about yet and that might just be enough to say goodbye to those double digits forever. If you decide to do that, have someone shoot about 4 or 5 frames from behind and at least 2 -3 from your bowling side. I'll be glad to look it over and offer some suggestions.
    I do this with my coach...and it helps keep my head straight of why he has me do something different that what I hear or read about! Also, it helps for the long interludes between coaching sessions.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast