1.) When did you realize that you wanted to become a professional bowler?
Truth be told I think I decided I wanted to be a professional bowler after I first threw a bowling ball. Not much time after I started my first league (when I was 4 years old) and knew for sure this is what I wanted to do.
2.) What was the biggest obstacle you overcame to become a professional bowler?
No doubt the biggest obstacle was bowling TQR’s every week to become exempt. As far as actually becoming a professional, I really had no say in the matter, if I wanted to continue to bowl competitively that’s the route I had to take (due to new rules in amateur events and Team USA). So really there were no obstacles at all other than bowl good, or go back to school.
3.) What is your favorite childhood bowling memory?
The memory that sticks out the most was when I won my first scratch tournament. I started bowling local tournaments when I was 11 years old and there was only one division, so I had to bowl against all the big boys. Well that year I won a title and I remember how amazing it was to be that young and beat all the older kids.
4.) Finish the sentence: “Growing up, the bowling center was my...”
SECOND HOME!
5.) Did you have a bowling role model as a kid and if so why that person?
Well to start, I always really looked up to Earl Anthony. I remember writing journals in English class about who do you want to meet? Or if you could have dinner with anyone in the world who would it be? Far and away he was always my answer. The other bowler I always loved to watch and would study was Mike Aulby. He was so smooth and always a gracious winner and loser and I greatly admired that.
6.) What is your biggest strength?
My biggest strength is my mental game and my desire to win.
7.) What is your biggest weakness?
Worrying about all of the things in bowling I can’t control. Whether its lefty/ righty stuff, scoring pace, etc.
8.) How old were you when you received your first bowling ball and how did it make you feel to have your very own?
I think I was 5 or 6 years old. It was a 6lb black rubber ball and I thought it was the coolest thing ever!
9.) What is your favorite bowling ball of all time?
The Rhino! Duh!
10.) What advice would you give to someone who aspires to become a professional bowler?
Live your dream! If you dedicate your heart and mind to something then there’s no limit to how far it can take you. I am living proof!