Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: GEICO PBA Summer Swing presented by Lucas Oil

  1. #1

    Smile GEICO PBA Summer Swing presented by Lucas Oil

    Tuesday, June 18, 7:00 p.m. EDT
    Lucas Oil PBA Wolf Open
    1, Chris Loschetter, Avon, Ohio.

  2. #2
    Bowling God Aslan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    6,340
    Chats: 204

    Default

    I just watched O'Neill beat Rash last night.

    The interesting part for me was actually when they cut away to Belmonte. They asked him point blank, "What do you say to those that think of 2-handed bowling as a gimmick and don't like it?"

    It was funny because his initial reaction and what he started to say was that he thinks those people might be jealous of the advantages that his style has...but he quickly sort of did a 180 and started talking about how a lot of people don't take into account the negatives of his style. It was the first time I ever heard him talk about the style having negatives. And he ends the night missing the 10-pin!!

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I just watched O'Neill beat Rash last night.

    The interesting part for me was actually when they cut away to Belmonte. They asked him point blank, "What do you say to those that think of 2-handed bowling as a gimmick and don't like it?"

    It was funny because his initial reaction and what he started to say was that he thinks those people might be jealous of the advantages that his style has...but he quickly sort of did a 180 and started talking about how a lot of people don't take into account the negatives of his style. It was the first time I ever heard him talk about the style having negatives. And he ends the night missing the 10-pin!!
    My favorite part is when Rash beat Belmonte and he started packing his things up before Rash's 2nd to last throw. Rash kinda looked over like, 'Is he really packing up before I'm done?' You can tell they really hate each other. Great rivalry.

  4. #4
    Bowling God Aslan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    6,340
    Chats: 204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sourtower View Post
    My favorite part is when Rash beat Belmonte and he started packing his things up before Rash's 2nd to last throw. Rash kinda looked over like, 'Is he really packing up before I'm done?' You can tell they really hate each other. Great rivalry.
    Yeah. That was pretty "sucky" on Belmo's side. But I think he did say congrats and even thanked the Brusnwick ball reps that were there with Rash...but I may be mistaken.

  5. #5
    Bowling God MICHAEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    kansas ctiy missouri
    Posts
    5,433
    Blog Entries
    1
    Chats: 2643

    Default REAL or JUST Show??

    Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Yeah. That was pretty "sucky" on Belmo's side. But I think he did say congrats and even thanked the Brusnwick ball reps that were there with Rash...but I may be mistaken.
    After watching that movie,,,( what was the name.... on the tip of my tongue),,, I believe its MARKETING! Bowing needs HELP,,, PEOPLE love a rivalry! It helped bowing when Pete Weber, did his thing,,, it was all over the web! People Love this kind of stuff! Bowling to many is DULL to watch.

    It needs more mass appeal! I wonder if they really do have this HATE between themselves, or just showmanship!! Bowing needs something, not form my perspective, but people that are not into sport!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

  6. #6
    Bowling God Aslan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    6,340
    Chats: 204

    Default

    Slippery slope.

    So what happens if PDW acts a fool and Bill O'Neill punches him in the face on National television? What if PDW starts doing cocaine again and has a heart attack in the 4th frame? What if PDW jumps into the stands to fight with a fan who teased him? What if Rash and Belmo started fighting at the end of the telecast and were wrestling around on the lanes?

    ALL of these things would get a TON of hits on the internet...bowling would be center stage on EPSN broadcasts and even mainstream newscasts. But is that "good for the game"? Hockey has asked that question many, many, many times over the years. The movie "Slapshot" asked that question; at what point is it "too much" entertainment?? Where's that sweet spot between a sport being too boring versus WWF style entertainment?
    In Bag: (: .) Brunswick Aura Mystic; (: .) DV8 Grudge Hybrid; (: .) Brunswick Fortera Exile; (: .) Brunswick Vintage Gold Rhino Pro; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 177; Lifetime Average = 169;
    Ball Speed: 15.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (689); Clean Games: 143

    Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •