Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: No Smoking at the Bowling Alley!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

It is just when you are really up for it and they disapear out smoke between games, I just find it so hard to concertrate

Chats: 221

Illinois has a no smoking law. Indiana does not have one. As we are close to the Indiana line one local center lost 3 leagues to Indiana centers just because they could smoke while bowling. I am a non-smoker so it does'nt affect me either way, I have a couple teammates who i had to inform you either bowl or emoke not both. we were constantly waiting while they stepped outside to smoke. Now they only do a smoke between games

Chats: 3

well it's never ok for them to hold up the game.

Some of the league presidents/secretaries I've encountered though, are blatantly unfair to the smokers. They'd skip you and mark your frame zero if you weren't right there as soon as your name came up.
    It got to the point where the women on my league would lie and say they had to go to the bathroom.....and then sneak outside instead.
    High Game-279
    High Series-733
    Righty, Tweener, I proudly use products from Storm, Etonic, and Robby Revs.

I'm a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 24

You know this whole matter is a big fuss. You got ppl that don't smoke that stand in the yard by the leaf fire but you don't see them calling there state rep when they smell like a leaf fire. So i think we need to stop ppl from burning leafs in the yard it is getting on my nerves having to smell them nasty leaf fires burning dang wind starts blowing and it comes in my house and covers up all my cigg smoke. I don't care what anyone does there is always going to be diff pll in this world. I smoke and in the state of GA we have a smoking ban you can not smoke in any building that serve food or has kids there under the age of 18. Now in the bars you can smoke as long as the bar does not serve food. Ok I DON'T have a problem with the smoking ban i think it is ok i for one do not like to smell cigarette smoke when i am eating i can wait until i am out the door to smoke. But i do understand that in a place you are going to be for hours it is hard to wait that long. and if the bowling leagues don't like someone running out to smoke then they should let it be known before the man are woman joins. The ppl that want to slip out and smoke and bowl should join a league that does not have a problem with it.And i have a bigger problem with ppl that drink and get drunk to the point of being a pain in the butt. Makes me not want to go bowling anymore, hard to bowl with some drunk screaming to the top of his lungs Bring me a beer dammit. I don't know i guess we all have to be fussing about something so why not fuss at the ppl that pay more taxes some one got to keep up the government. Think i will have a beer and a smoke seeya guys later.

The only problem we have in Maryland is when the smokers go outside for a smoke break and slow the game down...I have a friend that bowls in a league that actually put in a "smoking" rule that allows smokers to take five minute breaks after each game to go and smoke...pathetic, but true.
    Thanks,
    Paul
    USBC Bronze Level Coach
    http://bowling.psaunders.net

I cannot stand smoking at the bowling lanes. I cannot wait till the day when my backwards-*** state of Michigan passes no smoking in public areas.
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

Chats: 64

All good points. Happy Birthday to Jim. Say hi to Art Bell. Coast to Coast is the best.

No smoking here in Calif. I've also noticed that there's also no smoking while bowling in Vegas. They do allow smoking in the bar lounge in Vegas if you really want to smoke, at the Gold Coast, while bowling. I personally don't like breathing in second hand smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by joebowler View Post
    How's about we ban makeup as I believe that when you apply makeup it can't be good for your skin by applying something that clog's up your pores!!
    Makeup doesn't get into other people's lungs and clothes.

Growing up, I always argued with certain friends about bowling's qualification as a sport. One's argument was that, "If you can smoke and drink a beer while you're playing, it's not a real sport." This is the same friend that buys us rounds when we go golfing so that kind of hurts his opinion. I'm not innocent, either. I've bought a beer during some casual frames with friends.

The argument makes sense, though. In no other competitive sport that I have ever participated in has the permission of smoking been a contested issue. I know it's not an issue at the professional level, but do people in YMCA basketball leagues get mad that they can't smoke on the bench?

Not having to bowl in a smoke-filled center like those in Ft. Wayne is also nicer on the nostrils.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234