Thread: New guy on the block

Default New guy on the block

Hey guys looking to get into bowling, mabye a team or just solo. I was wondering what would be a good entry level bowling ball that I could use for a while so I could get my swing right? Also if you have any tips or pointers that would be helpful as well.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Any ball, as long as it fits well and is a comfortable weight will let you get your swing right.

My best advise would be to work with a coach, either a friend who's an experienced bowler, or a paid instructor. Most of us can only tell that we've done something right or wrong but can't tell what it was.
    John

What is a good entry ball to start off with?

Chats: 0

The Ebonite Cyclone has suited me well. Guy at the pro-shop said it was a good entry level ball. It didn't break the bank either.

Step into my office

Chats: 42

Hi Joe, welcome to the site!

Really anything in the entry level reactive range is going to be a good starting point. The Storm Tropical Heat or Tropical Breeze, Brunswick Slingshot, 900 Global Hook, Ebonite Cyclone. Also, the Motiv Recon RX1 Silver would be a good choice.
    My new CD, 'What I'm Made Of' is available now at www.dustinseymour.com, iTunes, Amazon and more!

I'm a bowler and a musician. I have a strong love for both. www.facebook.com/dustinseymourmusic

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.

I started off throwing a ball my dad gave me that I got drilled. It was a Storm Dimension it was decently reactive and was a good ball. Im now throwing a Ebonite Vital Sign which is a lot of ball. But I would look into maybe getting a low performance or an entry level ball. Talk to your local proshop owner.

Hey thanks guys really informative im stuck between the nomad rhe RX1 and the 900. leaning towards the nomad but also lookin at the other balls you guys said. I also and wondering as to what shoes I should get. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by JOERUSSIA View Post
    Hey thanks guys really informative im stuck between the nomad rhe RX1 and the 900. leaning towards the nomad but also lookin at the other balls you guys said. I also and wondering as to what shoes I should get. Any advice?
    http://www.bowlingball.com/products/...Black-Red.html
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums