I drilled my new #Redball with my favorite layout, 65*x5”x40*. As soon as I took to the lanes and threw a few shots, it was very clear this is a special ball. The Rage is clean through the front… goes long, and hooks hard off the spot and gets through the deck like the pins are not even there. The best way I can describe the over-all motion, is controlled aggression. It definitely gives me a different look than any ball I’ve thrown in the past.

Compared to a similarly layed out Primal Scream, for me the Primal Rage hooks at least 7 boards more, primarily on the back end. Since the Scream and the Rage share the same core, this tells me that the fantastic new pearl cover on the #Redball is what makes this ball extraordinary.

Here is my ball reaction video:

In the video, I bowl on the 43 foot WTBA Tokyo Pattern, and a House Shot. I compare the Primal Rage to the MOTIV Ascent Pearl, Thrash Frenzy, Venom Strike, Venom Toxin, 2 Cruel, Raptor Talon & Primal Scream.

I’ll be honest, the first few games I bowled with the Rage, I was a step or two behind on my moves – one board adjustments weren’t doing it for me. Once I trusted the aggressive nature of this ball, and made confident, aggressive moves when needed throughout the session (2 and 1, 4 & 2 etc), that’s when the wow factor kicks in. My swing loosened up, and that’s a real good feeling.

--Kevin Gallagher—
PBA Member
MOTIV Staff