Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Bowlmore Fing up AMF.

Chats: 1

Default Is Bowlmore Fing up AMF.

Is Bowlmore Fing with your local AMF lanes yet? Here in Tulsa they are. Changing hrs that have dropped two Leagues. Not taking care of lanes and ie approach and oil. I know this might been soon, but this amf lanes we biwl at have been ran great for many many years. but any AMF bowlers that feel like this is happening to them we need to speak up now and head this off. Let your voices be heard.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Jaescrub View Post
    Is Bowlmore Fing with your local AMF lanes yet? Here in Tulsa they are. Changing hrs that have dropped two Leagues. Not taking care of lanes and ie approach and oil. I know this might been soon, but this amf lanes we biwl at have been ran great for many many years. but any AMF bowlers that feel like this is happening to them we need to speak up now and head this off. Let your voices be heard.
    Not familiar with Bowlmore. Are they a new brand for AMF, or a separate company that bought some of the centers that AMF wanted to get rid of?

Here in Fairfield county AMF already has a bad reputation, Although I have to admit conditions were pretty good at last weeks doubles tournament.
    John

Yes AMF sold off all of the centers to bowl more. They don't do any leagues and are just focused on "fun" and extreme Bowling. :/

Chats: 30

Ugh! I am doing the Summer Pass deal at the local AMF here. More of a hike to get to but cheaper bowling until September.
    Haven't seen a lot of changes yet, in fact they just put their league documentation out and they are packed solid for the fall leagues!

I never liked the AMF though, it feels weird compared to the Brunswick I bowl at. To bright? To many lights? Bright colors? All the times I've been there and I've never seen them oiling the lanes. Compared to when I bowl at the local Brunswick (which I call home). We're on a first name basis with the lane oil guy
    Donna
    Current arsenal: Uproar / Rumble / T-Zone

Blog Entries
    Chats: 67

Post Calling all pin pals - bowlmor v amf

Need to take a POLL...

With out AMF:

A - LL
    M - Y
    F - UN

will be gone!!!

I enjoy league bowling, for socializing, competition and atmosphere.

I rather doubt that Bowlmor will be able to meet the same criteria and I can not see this little old granny
    out in the midst of a party type atmosphere where she can not hear her self think much less concentrate
    on where the ball got released to know if it went over the intended target or in the gutter of the next lane.
    how bout it pin pals can we form a poll or survey to see where everybody stands on this matter???
    Last edited by Judy clemons; 07-20-2013 at 12:16 AM.
    JUDY / JUDY / JUDY...5/24/13 BOWLING RECORD AMF EULESS LANES HG 216 / HS 535
    PIN PALS, "PLEASE, " SPARE ME SOME STRIKES !!!
    I AM A HAPPY...BLESSED...PROUD...MEMBER...BOWLINGBOARDS.C OM

No bowlmore at any NY amf's that i know of
    arsenal in use: columbia 300 hyde, track 811a, dv8 nightmare, rotogrip grenade
    avg: 210
    rev rate: 450
    high game / series: 290 / 831

Chats: 55

It seems weird to me that they wouldn't continue to promote the league bowling as AMF in the areas around here tout themselves as being the PBA practice centers and PBA experience centers.

Sometimes I wish there was an AMF closer to me as they seem to take care of their lanes better than Brunswick, yet I don't score as high in their centers as the carry seems more difficult. I understand some of the AMFs around here have just finished a major remodeling. Maybe I will have to stop in and check one of the new ones out some day soon.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Well no big changes in that we just got our Fall league paper work yeasterday. But in the time changes two early morning leagues had to just stop or be forced to show up 2 hrs later. They also don't open fri till about noon now. Then the last two weeks there has been no lane prep or oil 100% dry I'm hooking the ball great now ha ha ha. But it's not helping the hole of players out last night there was something on the approach about 6" to a foot in front of the fail line and my teammate slipped and cut his knee open. It has never been like this at my lanes.

we just go notification here that my daughters Saturday morning youth league won't be able to start till 12(instead of 10) because Corporate is changing the hours and that is the earliest the center will be open.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Blog Entries
    Chats: 67

yep, showplace lanes Euless AMF does not open until 12o pm now either, I PROTEST
    I don't like it but I can not seem to do anything about it, right along with that happy face!
    Last edited by Judy clemons; 07-22-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    JUDY / JUDY / JUDY...5/24/13 BOWLING RECORD AMF EULESS LANES HG 216 / HS 535
    PIN PALS, "PLEASE, " SPARE ME SOME STRIKES !!!
    I AM A HAPPY...BLESSED...PROUD...MEMBER...BOWLINGBOARDS.C OM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast