Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unlucky bowling mishap

Chats: 304

Default Unlucky bowling mishap

People, you're not gonna believe this. I just saw such an shocking bowling mishap from one of the ESPN videos. A guy was one shot away from a perfect game, and when he threw his final shot, the rack suddenly went down before the ball hit the pins. He had another go at it, but he ended up pulling the shot and shooting 297. Ohh what a terrible break. It was unbelievable. (

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjdRFQTcwCU

that's the link to the video. I don't know how to post it on here. Feel free to check it out. So shocking and stunning. I couldn't believe it

Chats: 243

wow that sucks! I couple weeks ago the rack came down as my friends ball was under it. It still struck despite being hit by the rack haha
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjdRFQTcwCU

this is the link to the video. it hyperlinked on my first post. here it is again. (:

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

I have seen this happen to us this year... Not sure what kept making it randomly come down, but had to move us to different lanes! It was a league, and we were bowling GREAT that night on that oil, so not happy about the move. But I can't imagine having 11, and then the rack come down on your ball!! GRRRRRRRR!! Would turn Iceman's blood COLD!!!

I know it would. I haven't even gotten close to front 11, but I certainly can't imagine that happening to me. I mean it would be a whole lot worse, especially in a situation for a possible 800 series or even a perfect 900.
    Last edited by mike_thomas93; 08-07-2013 at 12:34 AM.

Chats: 39

Wow....don't think I've seen a rack come down randomly like that before. One of the alleys here has a problem with their camera/sensors where if someone chucks it clean in the gutter (say, a 10 pin miss) the next lane will also count as a 0 and the rack will come down. But to have one come down by itself for no reason.....man that guy must be pissed. Losing a 300 isn't as bad as if it had cost him the game though....

True. the guys on Sportscenter didn't specify if it was for his first 300, so that must've meant that he's bowled it before. But it was during the luci bonneau doubles. I mean everyone was stunned.

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

One night this year one of the lanes was having a problem with the machine and twice the sweeper fell down right in front of a ball somebody had just thrown. At least I think it was a malfunction, but perhaps one of the workers was back there playing games. It must get boring back there during the slow hours!

Chats: 36

The sad part of the story is that the pin sweeper came down because, according to interviews with the unlucky bowler, someone hit the wrong reset button as he was bowling...

jay
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    IN THE BAG > RG -Hyper Cell Fused, Menace; Storm -Code Black, Reign of Power, Lock; [COLOR=#006400;,Track - Hx-10, [B]"
    High Game/High Series - 299(2)/300(13)/856 (Elmira, NY in 1980); Member of Corning, NY Junior Bowling HOF.
    Tweener; PAP= 4.75 over x .75 up/Tilt 10 degrees/Axis of rotation 40 degrees/Revs = 368 and speed is 16.86 MPH average.

Well the sportscenter guys did say the mechanic got to it right away when it happened, but the extra time delay is what pretty much sealed the fate, unfortunately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast