Thread: Lane#1 Crank

Default Lane#1 Crank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fzfP...H89O0xcyYbANzA
    Tester: MattyG
    Speed: Medium (15+ mph down lane)
    Rev Rate: 300+
    Axis Rotation: Medium to low (30* to 40*)
    Axis Tilt: Medium to High (12* - 20*)

Positive Axis Point: 4 1/2" right, 1/8" up

Drilling Layout: 65* x 5" x 40*

Surface: 1,500 O.O.B.

Pattern: 41' THS Fresh and "second shift" league (not re-oiled)

Review:
    I can say I was a little confused when I saw this ball. I didn't quite know what to expect when I saw that the cover was a particle pearl and the core was an asymmetrical but had no marked M.B. on the ball. A little bit to process, LOL. I decided to use the same layout that I put on my Grind and Grind/R. I was not disappointed! This balls cover plays a bit stronger than the Grind/R but no where close to the strength of the Grind.
    The ball as a defined area of the lane that it LOVES to play in. For me it was between 12 and 14 at the arrows and between 9 and 10 at the breakpoint. I had a hard time making it recover outside of that and if I got inside it rolled up flat instead of skidding more right. It reminds me of a Urethane on steroids. I used this ball on the fresh and didn't need to move outside of its comfort zone at all. I then bowled a second shift league and was able to keep it there for 2 more games. I had a look that no one else had. It played incredible even though the fronts were gone!. I ran into a little bit of a flat 10 issue later but I just switched to the Grind/R and my issues were gone! On a side note, I think I wiped the ball of once. It seems as if the ball really likes to soak it up.
    Conclusion:
    Although I didn't fell as if I had the most versatile ball in my hand I felt as if I did have the most predictable ball I have thrown in a while.
    I knew it was a strike the second it left my hand, every time! It rolls so well for so long. It might be the only ball you need if you are able to make micro adjustments with hand position and speed. People could not believe the look I have with it and were asking all kinds of questions when they see me crank this bad boy down the lane.

Chats: 304

Nice job once again, Mr. MattyG. Nice looking ball , silver/grey. Very nice. Excellent job once again. Thumbs-up (: