Thread: Snow!

Banned
    Chats: 0

Default Snow!

I am in Seattle right now. All of the streets have been backed up with snow for days. I can't drive anywhere - let alone walk. If I step outside, I call on my butt because the ground is literally a solid sheet of ice everywhere.

What's the snow like wherever you live?

Chats: 19

I live in Texas, we were in the 60s today.... What's snow?

BUT, I just got back from New Jersey, and they had quite a bit. Maybe a foot or so when we got there. But it rained the next day, and by the time we left on Sunday there was hardly any left and what WAS left is probably gone by now since they were supposed to reach 60 by the end of the day.

I already miss that place...
    Not helping the situation since 1983.

Bowling Average: 180
    Bowling Handicap: Beer
    Bowling Style: Completely Wheels Off
    Righty / Lefty: Righty
    Bowling Balls: Lane #1 Droid (Strike Ball), Storm Crossroad (Strike Ball. I hate the smell...), Hammer No Mercy (Retired Strike Ball. We had a good run. RIP, old friend!), Ebonite Magnum (Spare Ball), Ebonite Maxim (Spare Ball)
    Best Game: 267
    Best Series: 695 (just 5 more pins... I don't wanna talk about it!)

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Snow? Oh, you mean that stuff that everybody forgets how to drive in every year. The only snow down here doesn't melt at room temperature. I don't miss snow or the cold a bit, and from what I can tell, neither do thousands of Canadians. There's a lot of French-Canadians down here now. I guess that makes them rude as well as boring. Supposed to get to 80 today. Ahhhhh.

Unfortunately I am oh so used to it here. My friends from warmer climates all say I am nuts for still living here. Sometimes I agree with them.

I'm with the others, snow, what is snow? Oh yea it's the stuff we drive about an hour to go play, ski, snowboard in and then go home where it's warm

I'm on SW Ohio - where the saying goes "If you don't like the current weather, wait 10 minutes, it will change".

It's been 30 High one day and 70 the next. This has been going on for a few days now - since Xmas I recall. Snow has not started yet, but we did get a few ice falls, which since we had hurricane winds and made our city come to a stand still for 7 days, I expect anything through the next 2 months of winter.

Super Moderator

Chats: 246

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    I'm on SW Ohio - where the saying goes "If you don't like the current weather, wait 10 minutes, it will change".

It's been 30 High one day and 70 the next. This has been going on for a few days now - since Xmas I recall. Snow has not started yet, but we did get a few ice falls, which since we had hurricane winds and made our city come to a stand still for 7 days, I expect anything through the next 2 months of winter.
    I feel your pain, sir. I grew up in Chicago and for the last nine years before I moved here, I lived in the Fort Wayne area. Cold hurts. And I always seemed to have to put up the Christmas lights in freezing rain and wind. Now I wear a t shirt and break a sweat. Nice.

What is Bowling?

Where I live. We get no snow ever!