Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: THE " Bill Hall Tri-Grip?

Chats: 256

Sounds good ICEMAN. Impressed enough to have your new Beatdown plugged and re-drilled huh? I may have to give this a try sometime soon. My wrist is starting to affect me and I could use a little relief on it but still bowl.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Sounds good ICEMAN. Impressed enough to have your new Beatdown plugged and re-drilled huh? I may have to give this a try sometime soon. My wrist is starting to affect me and I could use a little relief on it but still bowl.
    I had people coming up to me and making comments, like:

Nice ball, looks for sure you are getting a great angle into the pocket, with your ball spinning differently, giving you even more pin action!
    It was the talk of the league last night! I must say it took a while to make adjustments, since it was soooooo different then how the ball left my
    hand! Also also maybe 33 percent more rev's. If you have weak wrist, it will distribute the weight of the ball much more evenly in your hand, thus
    relieving some of the stress!

All I can say was I am impressed, Bruce also moved the pin from above and right of pinkie, to center and above, which I am sure helped with the more
    controlled angle into the pocket, instead of a radical snap! Sure paid off in XXXXXXXXXXX lol!

I am beginning to find out that drilling may be even more important then the ball itself!!! The ball is like clay to a sculpture, it can be many things, but when
    formed a CEERTAIN way, it can be beautiful! My Frantic now is BEAUTIFUL, and has been crafted by a master craftman, Bruce, of BP Pro Shop here in Independence Mo!! Thanks Bruce!! You are the Man!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 204

Hmm. Perhaps I'll request the Bill Hall Tri-Grip on my next ball. Not sure if it's worth $70 to do it...but if it's in the $50ish range...I'd definitely consider it.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries

Default Its very reasonable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Hmm. Perhaps I'll request the Bill Hall Tri-Grip on my next ball. Not sure if it's worth $70 to do it...but if it's in the $50ish range...I'd definitely consider it.
    Remember, I had a ball PLUGED, and the Vise system, plus finger inserts.... Not all shops have the system, they have to purchase it from Bill Hall, who has a patent on the system. the drilling here on a new ball, is just 40.00 with the Bill Hall Tri Grip! If you purchase the ball HERE, from Bruce, their is free basic drilling, but 10.00 more for the system!

So lets say you purchase a new Hy-Road, all you would pay is the price of the new ball say 150.00, and 10.00 bucks added for the extra time
    it takes to layout and measurements!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 09-16-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 243

Hey iceman i know theres more to it but what i was interested in was the thumb position. Correct me if im wrong but the thumb in moved more towards the index finger?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Blog Entries

Default Here it is, a picture of the Bill Hall Tri-Grip

The ball had the pin above and to the right of the pinkie finger, It was way to sharp of a snap!,,, Now I moves into the pocket much better, with lots of energy!
    The blue arrow is not a hole, but a plugged balance hole, the ball does not need one with this layout! I will have my beatdown 16lber ready for Thursday league, and can't wait to see how it feels... so far I would have to say I Like the change in grip very much!

Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 39

Seems pretty interesting. For some reason I doubt it is already available here

Blog Entries

Default Remember this

Its not just the position of the finger holes, its pitches also! I wish I could put into words, the feel of the ball coming off the hand,,, better lift and control!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default Words from Bill Hall himself

Re: Bill Hall Tri-Grip fitting system

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 11:22:25 PM »

I can assure you that the Tri-Grip is not "merely" a CLT but is far from it. Many have tried to copy the Tri-Grip with the CLT method and have not been successful. Unless you understand the linear lines of the tendons of the hand that is based off of kinesiology that is explained in the video then no you cannot copy it.
    If you have your specs and go to another shop then yes that other shop can copy it if they know the technique.
    There has been many players that have compared the Tri-Grip with the CLT method and have found that the balance and feel of the grip is completely different from each other. If you want to do your own comparison then I completely encourage it by finding a shop near you that has the Tri-Grip method.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by e-tank View Post
    Idk if my proshop does the tri grip but ill look into it.
    It looks like there's only a handful of drillers doing the tri-grip in Cali. One is Fred Curtis at Leo's Pro Shop in El Centro. Isn't that down your way? The rest are up in Nor Cal.

You'll have to maybe go talk to Fred and report back.

I am very interested in techniques or improvemnts based on anatomy/physiology/kinseology (Science.) The tri-grip sounds like it's just that!
    Last edited by Bunny; 09-17-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast