Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: THE " Bill Hall Tri-Grip?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Great night for the tri grip..

Gene, one of my teammates bowled a 764 last night with the recently converted marauder, that he had plugged and redrilled with the Tri Grip! He said his average has gone sky high since the change in grip. His average was around 222,,, now he is constantly averaging over 230!! He is sold on the grip!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by e-tank View Post
    what you could do is take a piece of tape and put one end just above the ring finger and the other end on your approximate pap. Video it and you can get a rough calculate of the revs by counting the amount of times the tape comes full circle
    I heard that before, but I thought you needed a camera that can slow the frames down? My camera is in the shop, my video camera is older than dirt, so that just leaves me with my cell phone camera.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 243

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I heard that before, but I thought you needed a camera that can slow the frames down? My camera is in the shop, my video camera is older than dirt, so that just leaves me with my cell phone camera.
    i used my phone camera then slowed it down by using windows movie maker. If you have a smart phone that cam should be fine.

or you could put the tape on there just to get a visual on how fast the ball is spinning in comparison w/o video
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Quote Originally Posted by e-tank View Post
    or you could put the tape on there just to get a visual on how fast the ball is spinning in comparison w/o video
    Thats actually a pretty good idea…which is rare from someone that lives in or near San Diego.

I dated a woman from San Diego for a short time. She was as fine as strawberry wine…but boil yer bunny crazy!!

I might just wait and let Mike White look at me throwing it. He's all kinds of bowling smart so he can probably tell what rev rate I'm getting just from merely hearing it roll down the lane….yeah…he's THAT good.
    Last edited by Aslan; 11-12-2013 at 10:30 PM.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Well I know that I havent heard much about this fitting technique around here So I called the proshops today and no one around here is using this technique the closest place I could find is probably Springdale ArkieSaw which is just over 90 min drive.

I was thinking of getting my daughter a ball and having it try-grip drilled. Normally, I wouldn't even consider it…I mean, I'm still going back and forth whether to do fingertip vs. conventional grip…but I have to admit…the tri-grip felt very good and made the ball feel lighter in my hand. I think that would help her as she starts bowling to have the tri-grip drilling.

But…I'd need to find her a cheap ball to get plugged and tri-grip drilled by Mike. If I go the new ball route…might be cheaper to get it through my local shop, have it conventional drilled, and might get a free lesson for her out of the deal.

But before I go down that route…I need to get her to at least a level of interest where it's worthwhile.

And I'm kinda torn about my future in "tri-grip". Right now, I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna have my next strike ball drilled tri-grip and have a duplicate ball drilled fingertip. Have them otherwise exactly the same to do a real side-by-side comparison. Right now I have 2 16-pound Columbia300 Encounters…NIB undrilled. I figure that would be a good side-by-side comparison.

If I don't…if I change my mind…or if Mike stops doing it before the end of next year when I'm planning on making the ball change…then I might take the opportunity to have them drilled the same; but have the pin layout completely different…to see the difference in that way. Might be a good way to get 2 very different reactions from essentially the same ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Might be a good way to get 2 very different reactions from essentially the same ball.
    I have had balls that cracked on me that the pro shop had to replace even laying them out the exact same gave it complete different reaction. NO TWO BALLS ARE THE SAME
    Summer before last I was in a DV8 have a ball summer league and lot of them cracked and had to be replaced the first one I had I was throwing up big numbers every time I picked it up Even threw a pair of 300's in a 12 game sweeper After it cracked and was replaced I never liked how the new ball reacted. I had a Franic that cracked on me that I loved a few months ago the replacement is nothing near the same, but I mainly threw that in a PBA league and there wont be another till summer.

My Frantic chipped today. I noticed early on that it seemed to "ding" a lot more than other balls. And this afternoon…CHIPPED!

Ughhh…unless something changes; I might not have a very good review of the Frantic. Especially if it can't last me until May when my center switches to synthetic lanes. Thats all I really need it for…just for league play until May…and then it'll be relegated to back-up ball duties for a couple months before being retired. But man…it's got about 200 games on it and now it's got a keyhole sized chip in it. I "think" it happened because the lanes were so goddam dry (ughhh!!) that to hit the lone 7-pin I had to virtually throw it over the ball return and land it on the 2-3 board. Either than or break my wrist and throw it straight. Well, when I threw it over the ball return it hit the 1-board/edge…and I "think" thats when it chipped.

Pie in the sky as this sounds…I'd like to get 1-2 300 games with it before I retire it. But at this rate…it'll be cracked in half by Easter.

Blog Entries

Default TRIBAL is now a DRILLED Tri-GRIP

Will post the picture tomorrow,,, its healing from the drilling at this time!! Can't wait to try it, out with the tri-grip tomorrow evening! Will let you know how it turns out.

Its drilled pin up, and off to the side of my ring finger!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default WHY DID I DRILL MY NEW CHRISTMAS BALL with the Tri-Grip?

I thought about it for a few days, and decided to go with the Tri-Grip mainly for two reasons!

1. It so damn comfortable!

1. 50 percent more rev's in my case! (get the thumb out much quicker, and thus give me more lift, and rev's!!

I have not had a 300 yet with this grip, but I know several in the Kansas City area that have, including a woman!
    YES A Real Woman, not a PBA woman bowler!

I know its hard to find a driller that knows how to drill the tri-grip! We have two here in Kansas City that I would highly recommend! If you interested drop me a line, and I will connect you with one of them!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast