Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: THE " Bill Hall Tri-Grip?

Quote Originally Posted by e-tank View Post
    im sure my pro shop guy would be interested in learning if i brought it up to him. No way im going to el centro lol
    I know, right. The area does look a little rough.
    Last edited by Bunny; 09-17-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Teammate bowled another 300! James the man Graham!! lol

BP'S Pro Shops

James Graham shot his second 300 last night using the Bill Hall Tri Grip. Iceman is on his team, we won all 4, and James first game was a perfect 300 with the Bill Hall Tri-Grip! It was PERFECT, every shot in the pocket!! GREAT JOB JAMES!! I hope to have another one soon, or maybe that coveted 800!! I might be picking up that 16lb Beatdown, that Bruce plugged, and converted to the Tri-Grip!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 0

Very interesting, I have never seen a grip like this before.
    Let alone even think about one.

Blog Entries

Default 2 300's this month!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxmazr View Post
    Very interesting, I have never seen a grip like this before.
    Let alone even think about one.
    I guy I bowl with on Monday, James, who drills balls for BP Pro Shop, drilled his ball using the Tri-Grip, and has bowled two 300 in the last couple weeks! I think it will become the standard soon!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    I guy I bowl with on Monday, James, who drills balls for BP Pro Shop, drilled his ball using the Tri-Grip, and has bowled two 300 in the last couple weeks! I think it will become the standard soon!!
    I wouldn't say standard lol.
    I really want to try this, but I don't to drill a ball like that to 'try'

Chats: 4

Re: Bill Hall Tri-Grip fitting system

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 11:22:25 PM »

I can assure you that the Tri-Grip is not "merely" a CLT but is far from it. Many have tried to copy the Tri-Grip with the CLT method and have not been successful. Unless you understand the linear lines of the tendons of the hand that is based off of kinesiology that is explained in the video then no you cannot copy it.

If you have your specs and go to another shop then yes that other shop can copy it if they know the technique.
    There has been many players that have compared the Tri-Grip with the CLT method and have found that the balance and feel of the grip is completely different from each other. If you want to do your own comparison then I completely encourage it by finding a shop near you that has the Tri-Grip method.
    The way Mr. Hall said it, you'd almost believe that the video comes with a wacky drill bit. Anything noticeably different about finger pitches or the angles of the inserts compared to the old drilling?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Re: Bill Hall Tri-Grip fitting system

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 11:22:25 PM »

I can assure you that the Tri-Grip is not "merely" a CLT but is far from it. Many have tried to copy the Tri-Grip with the CLT method and have not been successful. Unless you understand the linear lines of the tendons of the hand that is based off of kinesiology that is explained in the video then no you cannot copy it.

If you have your specs and go to another shop then yes that other shop can copy it if they know the technique.
    There has been many players that have compared the Tri-Grip with the CLT method and have found that the balance and feel of the grip is completely different from each other. If you want to do your own comparison then I completely encourage it by finding a shop near you that has the Tri-Grip method.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrier View Post
    The way Mr. Hall said it, you'd almost believe that the video comes with a wacky drill bit. Anything noticeably different about finger pitches or the angles of the inserts compared to the old drilling?
    As far as copying the grip.

If you just have a spec sheet of your grip,they might not be able drill it. if it uses a different system of writing down the spec's (where everything is measured from) than what is normally used. Then they might have to know the system to do it.

But If you walk in a shop with a drilled ball that had been fitted using the Tri-grip system, they can copy the grip off the ball.

Anything that can be drilled, can be copied.It's just spherical geometry co-ordinate's.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Blog Entries

Default That makes sense, but you still need to have the First Appointment

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    As far as copying the grip.

If you just have a spec sheet of your grip,they might not be able drill it. if it uses a different system of writing down the spec's (where everything is measured from) than what is normally used. Then they might have to know the system to do it.

But If you walk in a shop with a drilled ball that had been fitted using the Tri-grip system, they can copy the grip off the ball.

Anything that can be drilled, can be copied.It's just spherical geometry co-ordinate's.
    You are absolutely correct!!! BUT, its his method of measurements as to the correct position and pitch of ball that makes it unique. So Once you have been
    fitted by this method, yes,,,,,, another pro shop driller could copy it I am sure. But then I have not ordered the tape, and technique! I just know its given James and myself a huge different ball delivery! More accuracy, greater revs, and (better direction of rev's). I've been told this by several frineds that say they can see the difference in spinning direction into the pocket.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 4

MICHAEL, when you say better direction of rev's how has the
    direction of your rev's changed?

Do you get more side rev's or more forward rev's on the ball
    now or what has changed?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    MICHAEL, when you say better direction of rev's how has the
    direction of your rev's changed?

Do you get more side rev's or more forward rev's on the ball
    now or what has changed?
    I'm going to guess "direction of rev's" is referring to the angle of rotation and/or tilt of the axis.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast