Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: THE " Bill Hall Tri-Grip?

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default THE " Bill Hall Tri-Grip?

The shop where I have my balls drilled mention that they will soon be having available (The Bill Hall Tri-grip system)?? ITs going to cost more, but what I understand its a method of drilling??? Getting ready to google the system????

Blog Entries

How can you sale a drilling pattern??? I don't get it?? Did Bill get a patent on a CERTAIN way to drill a FRICKEN ball! The pro shop's are going to charge more for this new improved method of drilling positions?? And its going to cost us more to boot!! Wow!!

Chats: 243

i saw a thread on this on bbe and i did i bit of researching and it seems like the thumb is moved so that its more aligned with your pointer finger for a easier, more comfortable grip. Similar to how youd throw a football
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Storm Crossroad, Roto Grip Defiant, DV8 Too Reckless, Brunswick Avalanche Urethane

Ball Speed: 18Mph
    Rev Rate: 450
    Current average: 199
    High game: 300
    High Series: 769

Chats: 0

Seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist....but there's always a better mouse trap.

Blog Entries

Hummm, I just know the Pro shop I go too ( BP pro shop Strike/spare here in Kansas city,) has a great staff. Bruce the owner used to drill for some of the Big Name Pro's, and was a Pro bower himself for a period of time. They said that they will be able to do that drilling in a few weeks??? I guess waiting for all the information, that they purchased.
    Wow,,, can it be that top secret??? It might be interesting to investigate it a little further, and WAIT TO HAVE my new ball drilled with that method!

Chats: 221

Part of the cost is the instructional video is $200.00 Reading some posts on another board laying the ball out is a lot more complicated. It appears that besides the offset thumb the finger pitches are base off your CLT (center line transition ) line and the thumb pitches are based off your natural thumb pivot line. Not really difficult,just time consuming
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Blog Entries

Default Question about this new drilling system

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    Part of the cost is the instructional video is $200.00 Reading some posts on another board laying the ball out is a lot more complicated. It appears that besides the offset thumb the finger pitches are base off your CLT (center line transition ) line and the thumb pitches are based off your natural thumb pivot line. Not really difficult,just time consuming
    Thanks for your insight!! So you only have a cost of 200.00, hummmm! As a pro shop owner, does that justify charging more for drilling, even if it takes a little longer to drill?? OR the fact that you only invested 200.00 for the know how, It could bring you a heck of a lot more customers, if indeed it does what it says it does!
    What I am getting at is, would you charge more for this drilling knowledge?? Or with all the hype, look at it as knowledge, just another way to drill a ball, that could bring in many more customers.
    Not only people come to YOU because you have that knowledge, and buy their new balls from YOU, but people bring in their older balls, having them plugged and redrilled with the new layout.

We are not talking cost in material here, just knowledge? With that investment, a driller can get that 200 back in no time, due to higher volume, of customers!
    What are you thoughts storm1?? And thanks for the reply!

I don't know what BP Pro shop will charge for that (new drilling technique), but what would you charge for that investment of 200.00!?

I was told last night that it will be a week, to a couple weeks before they will be able to drill using this layout! They want to work out all the details first!

It has my interest..

Chats: 221

In my opinion the cost of program is just a part of doing business. The only thing that I might "do" is you may not be able to wait for your ball due to the time involved. My drilling charge is the same with or without slug and grips. The only extra is an IT
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Blog Entries

Default worth the cost in the short run??

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    In my opinion the cost of program is just a part of doing business. The only thing that I might "do" is you may not be able to wait for your ball due to the time involved. My drilling charge is the same with or without slug and grips. The only extra is an IT
    You know that's my thoughts on the subject also. It will be interesting to see what BP charges for this system of bowling! Are you going to purchase the information? Seems to me for the 200.00 it should be something's that brings in bowlers that might have gone somewhere else to have their balls laid out?

Blog Entries

What do you charge, if you don't mind me asking for standard finger tip, finger inserts, and vise system?

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast