The Deranged from Roto Grip is a very readable pearl. I can tell that the Deranged is the pearl version of the Disturbed! The ball motion is smooth and continuous like the disturbed except with more length. The layout that I used was 75 X 6 X 75 or pin under the middle finger. The layout itself will help the ball get down the lane but readable backend motion was a bonus. My PAP is 5 5/8 over and ¾ up with moderate ball speed (15mph to 16mph) and a low rev rate (around 300).

I used the Deranged at the US Open. The US Open was slightly on the dryer side and the Deranged allowed me to play farther to the right and project it up the lane. The smooth yet strong and controllable motion was a bonus on the over rating backend. If you are looking for a pearl bowling ball that will provide decent length but a readable break point this ball is for you. The Deranged is a quality bowling ball that will find its way into my bag when I know I will be bowling on something tough.

The Deranged also made an appearance on a house pattern and it was nice to throw the ball and not worry about the ball over reacting. I owned the pocket and the Deranged gave me enough room to score. The pearl cover provides decent length and recovery down the lane. The core adds enough power to get through the oil when I missed in. I compared it to the Shatter and there was no comparison the Deranged was about an arrow stronger and more readable than the Shatter. However, when I had to move left and throw it to the right the Shatter was a better choice. Overall, I liked the Deranged because of its strong ball motion and readability!

In my opinion if you liked the Disturbed and looking for a bowling ball to compliment it the Deranged is a good choice! The ball motion is very similar but with more length and slightly more backend motion.

Dan Schaden Jr
Storm/ Roto Grip Staff
Vise Grip Staff