Thread: Brunswick Meanstreak Beatdown - CeKnauss Reaction Video

Default Brunswick Meanstreak Beatdown - CeKnauss Reaction Video

Today, I present the Brunswick Meanstreak Beatdown! This ball is quite awesome.

In the video, I compare it to the Nexxxus f(P+S) and Meanstreak Brawler. I also show an angle for a stroker and cranker. I've been working to get to a tweener release as much as I can, but I know I muscled through these shots a bit.

Current Arsenal: Brunswick and Radical Bowling Balls (too many to list)
    Highest 13-14 Avg: ---H -- Highest 12-13 Avg: 155S 198H -- Highest 11-12 Avg: 180H
    Highest Sanctioned Game: 279 -- Highest Sanctioned Series: 798
    Spec Sheet

Chats: 304

Very nice. I see you had the pin drilled right next to the ring finger. What does that layout do?

As I've been working on my form, I've noticed on a lot of conditions I play on give me issues with layouts that put the pin below the fingers. The ball revs too much in the mid-lane and the back end reaction is either too violent or it burns out before it gets down the lane. Pin up layouts have been increasingly been my friend, but they tend to be a little less predictable or consistent (for me) in the back end.

As a result, I have been using layouts with the pin at 3.5" from my PAP, which often puts the pin in that area next to the ring finger. With the 3.5" pin to PAP, the core still revs quite well in the mid-lane, but provides a more gradual transition through the back end and from right to left.

That said, if there's enough oil, the layout will still provide a ton of back end recovery, but won't just burn out if there's less mid-lane oil. I don't recommend it for conditions where there's either a ton of carry-down or burnt heads.

In addition, I sometimes like to try release changes, including 2-handed. This kind of layout helps keep the flare off the fingers. With my pin down layouts, I often have flare over the fingers if I throw it in an unusual way.
    Highest 13-14 Avg: ---H -- Highest 12-13 Avg: 155S 198H -- Highest 11-12 Avg: 180H
    Spec Sheet

A lot of detail there, but I get what you mean. I might look into that layout a little more.
    Last edited by mike_thomas93; 08-17-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Sorry, sometimes I get going and can't stop lol. This is pretty close to a "label drilling" (CG near grip center, pin pin 45 degrees right of centerline). It's a flexible layout and the more I use it, the I see why it's considered a basic drill. It works well though.
    Spec Sheet

Well I'll certainly ask my pro shop operator more about it, and see if it could fit my game for a ball sometime.

Chats: 506

you gotta keep the back leg down buddy watch your foot moves one some of your shots great video 2 btw
    Stroker
    Ball Speed : 17mph Rev Rate : 300-325 PAP : 4 1/2
    Balls : Hammer Taboo Deep Purple Roto Grip Shatter Roto Grip Scream Hammer absolute hook
    Avg 182 high game 291 High series 709
    bowling 2 leagues and everyday i can

Member ID: 9407-9357

One of the issues I have is that I inherited weak knees. You'll probably notice I don't have a whole lot of knee bend and I really stand up out of my shots. I also have had an issue with dragging my toe. I probably have subconsciously been trying to stop dragging, and using the leg for an odd sort of balance. Just my guess.

Thank you, btw! I did a video for the Radical Torrid Elite a while back, and I really worked to make it better than that one.
    Spec Sheet