Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Many Firsts over the past 3 weeks!!

Congrats...I too have had many first over the past year and a half. Shot my first 300 January 27th 2012 and another one on May 4th 2013. Multiple 700 series, High being 796 and finally averaging over 220 in a full season.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Storm Frantic

I kinda regret it because I've really been salivating over the Aura Mystic. But given the results...I definitely can't complain. A big improvement over my old urethane ball! I know people say it's not the ball it's the bowler...but when you go from using 20 year old equipment to new equipment....you'd be surprised!!
    I don't know I would say a large percentage has to do with the ball otherwise the pros would just throw a house ball. I agree there are a lot of mechanics and even mental aspects but I would say maybe that is 10% of it and 90% equipment when you get down to brass tax. Mechanics once you know what works it is just repetition.

Chats: 0

I mean if you buy an expensive ball and you don't know how to throw, it won't exactly work as advertised

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    I don't know I would say a large percentage has to do with the ball otherwise the pros would just throw a house ball. I agree there are a lot of mechanics and even mental aspects but I would say maybe that is 10% of it and 90% equipment when you get down to brass tax. Mechanics once you know what works it is just repetition.
    That would be depressing if it were true.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12